Shruti Haasan opts out of Sangamithra after promoting it at Cannes Film Festival
Shruti Haasan’s spokesperson has said that the actor has walked out of Sangamithra as the makers of the film failed to give her a comprehensive script, proper date calendar.Updated: May 29, 2017 18:50 IST
Actor Shruti Haasan is no more part of the film Sangamithra. The actor, who recently promoted the film along with its director Sundar C, composer AR Rahman and actors Jayam Ravi and Arya at the Cannes Film Festival, has opted out of the project.
The production house announced the news on their official Twitter page. The post read, “Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are unable to proceed working with Shruti Haasan in Sangamithra.” However, they didn’t clarify the reason behind the exit of the actor. The film, which will be made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, was supposed to go on soon.
Due to unavoidable circumstances, we are unable to proceed working with Shruti Haasan in Sangamithra.— Sri Thenandal Films (@ThenandalFilms) May 29, 2017
Interestingly, Shruti had been undergoing martial arts (weapon-based) training in London to prepare for the part. So the news of her exit comes as a surprise.
When contacted, her spokesperson told us, “Shruti has had to unfortunately take a call to not be a part of Sangamithra. Knowing it was a massive undertaking and a long commitment spanning over two years, she knew the importance of her training, a comprehensive script and proper date calendar. She hired and started training with one of best combat trainers, April onwards, to make sure she was ready in time for shoot. Despite her enthusiasm and commitment to Sangamithra, she has had to give the film a miss since she had not received a proper bound script nor a proper date calendar. She is currently caught up with promoting her Hindi film Behen Hogi Teri, prep for Sabash Naidu and her musical associations.”
First Published: May 29, 2017 18:49 IST