Sonu Sood inspires 2 Andhra villages to build their own road, actor says ‘you will inspire the whole nation’
With pragmatism, common sense and a kind heart, actor Sonu Sood has redefined philanthropy. His ability to take matters in hand and deliver has inspired two villages in Andhra Pradesh to turn self reliant. On being informed about it, the actor, on his part, has promised to visit the place.
A Twitter user, wrote, “Inspired by @SonuSood (not kidding!), 2 villages in #Vizianagaram dt of #AndhraPradesh decided to stand on their own feet. After begging the local govt since 1947 to build a road to access the village on a hill top, each family pooled in ₹2,000 to build a road themselves! (1/4).” He also added video showing road building as proof.
“Till today, the only mode of transport for around 250 families in Chintamala & Kodama villages of Salur mandal was the doli. Pregnant women had to depend only on this for emergencies. This pic is from 2 yrs ago where the lady was carried in a harness for 12 km to the hosp (2/4),” he had continued. “Overall ₹20 lakh was collected (Two loans + ₹2,000 from each family). The villagers hired JCBs from neighbouring #Odisha to build the 4-km ghat road. The villagers were inspired by @SonuSood‘s deeds and felt that there’s no point waiting for others to fulfill their needs. (3/4).” He also added a testimonial by a local who has been coordinating with the villagers to build the road.
Retweeting the video, Sonu promised he would pay them a visit. “I will soon come and visit you guys. You will inspire the nation.”
In the meanwhile, Sonu has also arranged for students, stuck in the Philippines capital, Manila to return home. Tweeting about it, he wrote: “Chalo Ghar Chalein.The feeling of coming back to ur own home, your country, your loved ones is beyond words.We are ready to fly u back to that love. SG 9286, Manila to Delhi Departure - 10:25pm. Looking forward to have the third set of our people come back to home. @flyspicejet.”
Not just that, the actor has now provided accommodation to 20,000 migrated workers who have also been provided jobs in garment units in Noida. Tweeting about it, he wrote: “I am delighted to now offer accommodation for 20,000 migrated workers who have also been provided jobs in garment units in #Noida through @PravasiRojgar. With the support of #NAEC President Shri Lalit Thukral, we will work round the clock for this noble cause Smiling face with halo @lalit_thukral.”
Since the start of the pandemic-related lockdowns, Sonu has sent home hundreds of stranded migrant workers and students overseas to their home, arranging buses, train tickets and, in some cases, flights.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Jayashree Ramaiah, former Bigg Boss contestant and actor, was found dead at her Bengaluru residence on Monday.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.