Wknd spoke to 7 climate scientists from around the world. Ahead of COP 26, what are their fears, what keeps them going, where do they find hope? Their message: There is still a lot to save. Do what you can. Do it now.
- The platform created by NASA uses satellite imagery to show how much water evaporates into the atmosphere from plants, soil and other surfaces.
“We are very concerned by what China has been doing on the hypersonic front,” said Ambassador Robert Wood, the US permanent representative to the Conference on Disarmament.
- Zebar School for Children becomes Gujarat’s first school to associate with NASA to celebrate International Space Week More than 600 students from Gujarat, Kerala & Maharashtra participated in a week-long program to celebrate International Space Week
Nasal strips not only help in getting rid of the problem of snoring, but also improve breathing by opening the nasal passage.
According to Nasa, the trojan asteroids near Jupiter are “time capsules” from the birth of our solar system more than four billion years ago. These primitive bodies hold vital clues to deciphering the history of the solar system.
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The video shared by Nasa about Andromeda galaxy mesmerised people.
NASA data shows that farm fires were spotted in Punjab around September 15, with around 10-15 showing up on satellite data. The numbers started picking up around September 27, when the count reached 40.
Nasa astrobiologist Amy Williams and her team in Florida found similarities between features of the cliffs seen from the crater floor and patterns in Earth's river deltas.
Nasa took to Instagram to share the visualisation video about parade of Saturn’s moons.
Tom Cruise had previously announced that he will be shooting for an action flick this year in space. While he would have become the first star to have done it, a crew of a Russian film beat him to it.
The Russian crew is set to beat a Hollywood project that was announced last year by Mission Impossible star Tom Cruise together with Nasa and Elon Musk’s SpaceX.
Scientists and environmentalists have warned that this year, farm fires in north India are likely to be more intense than in previous years, considering the delayed monsoon withdrawal from the region.
By Soumya Pillai, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The Russian crew is set to beat a Hollywood project that was announced last year by "Mission Impossible" star Tom Cruise together with Nasa and Elon Musk's SpaceX.
Karnataka health minister Sudhakar said the second clinical trial of a nasal vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech has been completed and the third one is expected to be done by November-December
The sonification post about Milky Way's center was shared on the official Instagram page dedicated to the Hubble Space Telescope that is managed by Nasa.
- The Brazilian girl is known as the world's youngest astronomer, looking for asteroids as part of a Nasa-affiliated program, attending international seminars and meeting with her country's top space and science figures.
Nasa said that the Landsat 9 satellite will continue the Landsat program’s critical role in monitoring, understanding and managing the land resources needed to sustain human life.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
According to Russian Rocket and Space Corporation Energia, persistent air leaks on the ISS could be the result of welding errors made inside the Zarya and Zvezda modules three decades ago.
Nasa took to Instagram to share the picture with a hand-shaped structure.
Questions need to be asked whether the expensively assembled teams prepared adequately for the AFC Cup inter-zonal semi-final.
“Beautiful,” wrote an Instagram user while reacting to Nasa's ‘beware of photobombers’ video post.
- Uzbekistan's former winners ride on Norchayev's 13-minute hattrick to defeat the Kolkata giants in the AFC Cup inter-zonal semis.
By HT Correspondent, Kolkata
- Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (Viper) will be launched aboard SpaceX Falcon-Heavy rocket in 2023 as part of Nasa’s Artemis programme.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The space agency hopes the robot will confirm the presence of water ice just below the surface, which could one day be converted into rocket fuel for missions to Mars and deeper into the cosmos.
The first all-amateur flight to orbit Earth began three days ago with a launch from NASA's Kennedy Space Center.