Showing 1,500 results for
PUBLISHED ON SEP 21, 2021 08:53 PM IST
- The backlash comes after reports that Kumble could be the front-runner to become the next India head coach after Ravi Shastri's tenure is up.
UPDATED ON SEP 19, 2021 07:11 AM IST
- Shastri was ready to put his money on Bumrah being an all-formant bowler so much that he even told captain Virat Kohli and the selectors not to reveal him before the South Africa tour in 2018.
UPDATED ON SEP 18, 2021 04:19 PM IST
- Gough pointed out that while he fully gets the tedious bubble life of players and their mental well-being, the fact that the Indian team attended coach Ravi Shastri before the Oval Test and some of them went shopping in Manchester did not sit well with him.
UPDATED ON SEP 18, 2021 09:40 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri's hint of stepping down as India head coach comes a couple of days after Virat Kohli announced that would no longer continue as India's T20I captain after the ICC event.
By Rudraneil Sengupta
UPDATED ON SEP 18, 2021 07:13 PM IST
While no one should ever have to justify a fear, it seems odd that a case of Covid-19 prompted such different reactions in the India team, just a few days apart, during their tour of England.
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 12:20 PM IST
Prasad reckoned that excessive workload that comes with leading Team India across all formats and the stress of living in bio-bubble could have been the reason behind Kohli’s massive decision.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 07:54 PM IST
UPDATED ON SEP 16, 2021 10:58 PM IST
- Kohli said he has had lengthy discussions with head coach Ravi Shastri and white-ball skipper Rohit before coming to the conclusion that he needs to concentrate more on ODI and Test cricket both as a batsman and as captain to take the team to new heights.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 05:14 PM IST
The trio have completed a 10-day isolation as per the UK Health Protocols but, to return home, they also need to pass a "fit to fly" test, apart from negative RT-PCR reports.
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 03:54 PM IST
- With MS Dhoni being appointed as India's mentor for the T20 World Cup, there have been talks whether it's an indication of bigger things to come.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi, Hindustan Times
PUBLISHED ON SEP 14, 2021 08:50 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 9am. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2021 11:27 AM IST
- Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt, while addressing the criticism on Ravi Shastri and his book launch, questioned the level of security arrangements in England.
UPDATED ON SEP 13, 2021 08:53 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri defended his book launch event and said ‘anything could have happened’ from the start of the series as the UK was not under any strict Covid guideline.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2021 10:33 PM IST
- India head coach Ravi Shastri and his support staff colleagues Bharat Arun and R Sridhar are likely to leave for India on Wednesday provided they have two negative RT-PCR reports prior to their departure date.
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 07:37 PM IST
- Tt was learnt late on Friday that even England and Wales Cricket Board CEO Tom Harrison attended India head coach Ravi Shastri's book launch event.
UPDATED ON SEP 12, 2021 08:19 AM IST
- Engineer weighed in on India coach Ravi Shastri copping criticism, along with captain Virat Kohli for risking themselves by attending the former India all-rounder's book launch on August 31.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 10, 2021 06:31 PM IST
It was after the book release event at a five-star facility ahead of the fourth Test that Shastri along with bowling coach Arun, fielding coach Sridhar and physio Patel tested positive. Indian captain Kohli and his teammates were present at the function where outside guests were also allowed.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 07:34 AM IST
Gavaskar cited an example how his appointment as a consultant for India in 2004 had created insecurity in the mind of then head coach John Wright.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 07:42 PM IST
- India's junior physio Yogesh Parmar was the latest to test positive in the Indian camp after head coach Ravi Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun fielding coach R Sridhar and and main physio Nitin Patel had contracted the virus in London.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 09, 2021 12:19 PM IST
“It is an excellent decision to bring MS Dhoni on board as the mentor for the team. MS, Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma form a very potent leadership group and this decision enhances the team's chances at the ICC T20 World Cup,” said the former BCCI treasurer
UPDATED ON SEP 08, 2021 10:02 PM IST
R Ashwin return to limited-overs set-up after a gap of four years, while former captain MS Dhoni will be mentoring India's 15-member T20 World Cup squad, led by Virat Kohli.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 06, 2021 07:22 PM IST
- It is learnt Shastri developed symptoms on Saturday after which he underwent lateral flow tests, which returned a positive result.
PTI | , London
UPDATED ON SEP 06, 2021 02:23 PM IST
Shastri returned positive in a lateral flow test (Rapid Antigen Test) on Sunday and on Monday, his RT-PCR test report confirmed the infection.
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON SEP 05, 2021 10:38 PM IST
- There were even doubts whether the Test could continue after head coach Ravi Shastri’s Covid positive result, confirmed by a lateral flow test done the previous evening.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 05, 2021 05:47 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON SEP 05, 2021 03:21 PM IST
- The decision by the BCCI was taken after Shastri returned positive in a lateral flow test. The three other members who were sent isolation are bowling coach Bharat Arun, fielding coach R Sridhar, and physiotherapist Nitin Patel.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 04, 2021 07:18 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri said MS Dhoni was only 10 Tests shy of playing a 100 Test and he was still one of the fittest cricketers going around.
UPDATED ON SEP 02, 2021 09:33 AM IST
- India have shown tenacity in the recent past to bounce back from morale-crushing losses to stage famous wins – the series in Australia was a big example. And Shastri reiterated the same, suggestion people not to count India out with two matches to go.
UPDATED ON AUG 29, 2021 10:31 AM IST
- While analyzing his performance in an ESPNCricinfo show, the former spinner said that Shastri is a good motivator and that sometimes, even great players like Ajinkya Rahane need to be spoken to.
UPDATED ON AUG 24, 2021 05:27 PM IST
- “Ravi Shastri, as a coach, will just let Kohli go. He won't mind seeing him exchanging words with Anderson or signalling from the balcony to try to get the players off for bad light. It is the captain who is very much in charge,” Hussain said.