- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9am. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Saba Karim believes Shastri has been commendable in the past two years as a coach and said that India have won almost every bilateral series and managed to reach the WTC final as well.
Former Indian cricketer Reetinder Singh Sodhi has opined that if the men-in-blue win the upcoming T20 World Cup in the UAE, Shastri is going to continue as the coach of the team.
Wimbledon: Indian cricket team led by coach Ravi Shastri is currently in the UK for the upcoming five-match Test series against England.
Several reports claimed that coach Ravi Shastri wanted Prithvi Shaw and Devdutt Padikkal to fly to England to be Gill's replacements.
India vs England: Former India cricketer Deep Dasgupta addressed the squad dilemma India are facing with Shubman Gill's injury in England.
- From Virat Kohli to Sachin Tendulkar to Ravi Shastri, several members of the Indian cricket paid their tributes to the legendary Dilip Kumar.
Is Dravid next in line to become Team India's head coach? Hear the answer from the legend himself, India's first World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev.
- Rahul Dravid was named as the head coach of the side for the Sri Lanka tour as regular coach Ravi Shastri is currently in England with the Test side. Here is how Twitter reacted after Dravid’s first training session as coach.
Shastri took some time off and went to watch the Swiss tennis maestro's second-round match in the ongoing Wimbledon tournament on Centre Court.
- With Rahul Dravid now officially part of India's traveling contingent in Sri Lanka, the writing could be on the wall for him to take over and replace Ravi Shastri as the next official head coach of the team.
- Terming New Zealand ‘the better team in the conditions,’ Ravi Shastri said ‘respect’ to the Kiwis for finally ending their drought for an ICC trophy.
Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav can use next month’s Sri Lanka limited-overs series to impress selectors, says his personal coach
By Sharad Deep, Lucknow
- India's swashbuckling wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant plays a brand of a unique brand of cricket and according to Nasser Hussain captain Virat Kohli and coach Ravi Shastri need to manage the youngster accordingly
- WTC Final: The Indian openers, Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill made a strong start, but New Zealand came right back into the contest by picking up both the openers as India headed into lunch at 69/2.
- Ahead of the WTC final, the BCCI shared a clip of head coach Ravi Shastri's stirring speech after India had beaten Australia at The Gabba earlier this year.
A day before the much-awaited face-off, the members of the Indian contingent gathered at the Ageas Bowl for a team photograph.
- India vs New Zealand: The biggest question heading into the World Test Championship final is India's bowling combination – will there be a fourth seamer? And if so, will Ravindra Jadeja miss out?
“Our buddy Winston earns himself a tennis ball after #TeamIndia’s practice session #WTCfinal,” reads the caption shared by Ravi Shastri along with the video.
Victory over New Zealand in the WTC final, starting June 18, will give Virat Kohli’s team fresh boost as a great touring team as well
By N Ananthanarayanan, New Delhi
- The duo of Kohli and Shastri has tasted great success for India, making them the No. 1-ranked Test side in the world, along with the team winning its maiden Test series in Australia.
- MSK Prasad, whose stint as the BCCI chief selector came to an end after the 2019 World Cup, often faced questions regarding him being overshadowed by India captain Virat Kohli and coach Ravi Shastri.
- On being asked about the stats, former India pacer Venkatesh Prasad said explained that individual records do not matter much and the fast bowlers need to work together as partners. To stress his point, Prasad recalled his pairing with former India seamer Javagal Srinath.
- While the Virat Kohli-led India Test team will be busy with the five-match Test series in England, a limited-overs Indian side possibly under the leadership of Shikhar Dhawan or Hardik Pandya will tour Sri Lanka for ODIs and T20Is.
- What is the difference between the Virat Kohli of 2014 and the Kohli of 2021 who landed in England for his third Test series? In Team India head coach Ravi Shastri’s words, he is ‘slimmer’, ‘fitter’, ‘most successful Indian captain’ and ‘five and half thousand runs richer’.
- Siraj ended up as the highest wicket-taker for India with 13 wickets in the Border- Gavaskar Trophy 2020/21.
- Going forward, India head coach Ravi Shastri has batted for a best of three series to determine the winner of the World Test Championships final.
India captain Virat Kohli though dismissed talk of opponents having an advantage. “Play better Test cricket. That’s all,” Kohli said, about taking on New Zealand in conditions which favoured them.
By Sanjjeev K Samyal, Mumbai
- WTC Final: Indian captain Virat Kohli and head coach Ravi Shastri spoke about the importance of the WTC final and what it means for the team.
- India and New Zealand are set to square off in the WTC final at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton, which is expected to suit the New Zealand bowlers and batsmen more compared to the Indians but Kohli believes both the teams will start as equals.