Several members of the Indian Olympic contingent were present for PM Modi's speech at the Red Fort on 75th Independence Day.
While interacting with the Indian contingent for the Tokyo Olympics 2020, the President said the entire country is proud of them for bringing glory to the nation, according to a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement.
Clad in red turban, Indian men’s hockey team captain Manpreet Singh was cynosure of all eyes during the glittering felicitation function organised by Punjab government to honour state athletes who participated and won medals at the Tokyo Olympics 2020, at the Punjab Bhawan in Chandigarh on Thursday evening
By HT Correspondent, Chandigarh
- In a recent interaction, outgoing coach Sjoerd Marijne revealed how the team made a turnaround to finish fourth at the Games and scripting history in Tokyo.
- Bajrang Punia was injured in June during a tournament in Russia in the build-up to the Olympics and he was a touch tentative, until he discarded the knee protection coming into the playoff.
- In an interview, 23-year-old Chopra spoke about what went right for him on his big day, the difficulties of coming back from an injury and how he peaked for the golden throw.
Tokyo 2020 Olympics Closing Ceremony Highlights: Men's freestyle 65kg bronze medallist Bajrang Punia was India's flag-bearer as a memorable edition of the Summer Games were declared closed by IOC President Thomas Bach. 17 days of sporting action came to an end with a memorable closing ceremony.
- Ever since Indian athlete Neeraj Chopra won gold at Tokyo Olympics 2020, fans and fitness enthusiasts have been drawing inspiration from the javelin throw champion and we are no different as we take workout motivation from his recent Swiss ball exercise. Here’ why you should too
In contrast to the ethnic outfit that athletes wore during the opening ceremony, they will be seen in comfortable track suits.
- PV Sindhu’s stellar performance at the badminton court in Tokyo Olympics 2020 is currently the talk of the town but her minimal chic fashion in a well-fitted and contrasting pantsuit at a recent press conference in India makes us raise a toast to the ultimate sports-style queen
- Tokyo Olympics 2020 Closing Ceremony Live Streaming: All you need to know about live streaming details on SonyLiv, timings, venue for Tokyo Olympics 2020 Closing Ceremony.
Tokyo Olympics 2020: Smriti Irani took to Instagram to congratulate Neeraj Chopra on this historic win.
- Bartonietz has been with Chopra through the most difficult patch the young athlete has faced in his career, an injury to his throwing arm that ruled him out of action for almost a year.
- As his competitors fell short of the mark he had set and it was increasingly apparent that Chopra would become the first Indian athlete to win an Olympic medal in track and field, the 23-year-old thrower from Haryana kept his calm, simply waiting for each thrower to finish.
India getting an Olympic medal in athletics seemed impossible enough. Then Neeraj Chopra went and got a gold. Can this spark a track and field revolution in India?
- India’s only Olympic gold from Tokyo - and its only medal from athletics in the Games ever - had come moments ago and the village was celebrating an 87.58m effort of its most famous son.
By Neeraj Mohan, Karnal
- Chopra, the muscular 23-year-old from Haryana, became the first track and field medallist from independent India, only the second gold medallist in India’s Olympic history after Abhinav Bindra’s gold in 2008.
- Bajrang Punia showed his class and stamped his authority, beating Daulet Niyazbekov of Kazakhstan 8-0 to win the 65kg freestyle bronze medal bout.
Chopra practised his sport, mostly at the National Institute of Sports, Patiala, in Punjab. Previously, he had won gold medals at the Asian Games and the Commonwealth Games
Kamalpreet Kaur had finished sixth at the discus throw event at the Tokyo Olympics. She thanked her fans, coach and the public for the love and support she had received.
Tokyo Olympics 2020: Neeraj Chopra scripted history by winning a gold medal.
- As Neeraj Chopra won a historic gold medal at Olympics, former India cricket captain Sunil Gavaskar celebrated at the broadcasters Sony Sports Network studio in Mumbai.
Neeraj’s gold in the men’s javelin throw event took India’s medal tally to seven at the Tokyo Olympics, bettering the count of six medals at the 2012 Tokyo Olympics.
Aditi narrowly missed out on an Olympic medal as she finished a brilliant 4th in the women’s individual stroke play on Saturday.