Why Rajeev Khandelwal hid his wife
Actor Rajeev Khandelwal, who married girlfriend Manjiri Kamtikar in February this year, says it was a conscious decision to keep his wife away from the media glare.
"Manjiri is not the type who wants to be written about or covered by the media. She likes her independence. She likes being in her own world. She is very happy like that. Even I don't like talking about my personal life a lot. So it was my decision to keep my personal life and marriage away from the limelight and Manjiri agreed with me too," Rajeev told.
"I knew that there will be a lot of spotlight on my marriage and there were a lot of requests etc for the pictures. That's why I got married in Jodhpur and kept it a personal affair," added the actor who exchanged marital vows at Khimsar fort in Jodhpur.
The 35-year-old, who garnered fame on the small screen with the show Kahiin Toh Hoga and later hosted Sach Ka Saamna, had an Arya Samaj wedding.
When asked whether anything has changed in his life post-marriage, Rajeev informed: "Nothing major."
"Marriage hasn't changed anything in me, it hasn't changed anything except the way I live my life. Basically, my home front…the state of my house has changed, the ownership has changed, the rules have changed. There is nothing similar in my house to what it used to be four months back, the decor, the colours, the curtains everything has changed and not in my control anywhere. Other than this everything is the same," added Rajeev laughingly.
"But I am still the same guy, I still operate in the same manner. If I have to meet a girl for a cup of coffee, I still meet her because I know where to exactly draw the line. Manjiri is not the kind who would call me if I'm having a cup of coffee with a girl. She is a very secure person, which gives me so much independence and a lot more reason to love her even more," he said.
The actor, who made a successful transition from small to big screen with Aamir and Shaitan, is looking forward to Neerav Ghosh's Soundtrack set for an August release, and Tanuja Chandra's Raakh, which will be released at the end of the year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Former Bigg Boss contestant Shefali Bagga praises Arshi Khan for this trait of hers, despite her constant fights with everyone.
- Rajeev Khandelwal has spoken about the time when Remo D'Souza publicly denied having any involvement with a film they made.
Makers delve into personality disorders on OTT while maintaining balance between science and fiction
- Adele has reached a divorce settlement with her estranged husband, Simon Konecki. At stake is her $190 million fortune.
- Actor Sara Ali Khan shared a special appreciation post for her brother, Ibrahim. Check it out here.
- Director Neeraj Pandey announced an entire universe of stories set within the world of Special OPS, starting with a spinoff featuring Kay Kay Menon's Himmat Singh.