'Pro Evo Soccer 2014' unveils new features
"Pro Evolution Soccer 2014" has announced six new features in advance of Konami's Pre-E3 Show on June 6, and provisional cover art that showcases Champions League winners Bayern Munich.tech reviews Updated: Jun 05, 2013 16:23 IST
"Pro Evolution Soccer 2014" has announced six new features in advance of Konami's Pre-E3 Show on June 6, and provisional cover art that showcases Champions League winners Bayern Munich.
Ready? Here's the science.
1. TrueBall Tech is intended to allow control over how players angle their bodies toward or away from an incoming ball, thus affecting their ability to trap, flick, chest, or nod the ball on.
2. The Motion Animation Stability System is all about how players are affected by physical contact, reacting to the direction and force of any impact, and takes into account player size and strength.
3. A Heart system is in place to reflect a team's level of morale, whether that be due to playing in front of a hostile crowd away from home or basking in the audacity of a well-executed move.
4. The purpose of PES ID is to give greater individuality to selected star players, giving them their own style and thus making them more recognizable from a distance.
5. Team Play makes up to three team members controllable at the same time, making it easier to execute sophisticated tactics.
6. The Core is a focused effort to improve key parts of the PES 2014 experience, from movement and kit detail to set play behavior and facial expressions.
And while Konami released provisional box art for the PlayStation 3 version, it emerged that PES 2014 wouldn't be visiting the upcoming Xbox One or PlayStation 4, nor the Wii U, handheld PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS -- largely a reflection of perceived demand in comparison to PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and the Vita's predecessor, the PlayStation Portable.
"I think it's important to remember our biggest markets, where we are number 1 (Latam/Asia) won't shift to nextgen as quick as Europe," said European community manager Adam Bhatti via Twitter.
"We can't just leave our most passionate fans behind."
First Published: Jun 05, 2013 16:20 IST