Watch: Samsung phone explodes in man’s shirt pocket
Samsung said the battery of the model in question was not manufactured by the company.tech Updated: Oct 07, 2017 18:18 IST
Luck doesn’t seem to be on Samsung’s side.Earlier this week, a Grand Duos phone from the company exploded in a man’s shirt pocket in Indonesia.
The model in question, however, had a third-party component - the battery was not manufactured by Samsung, CNET reported. “We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”
The video, uploaded on YouTube on October 3 has been viewed 346,327 times. The video shows the man falling to the ground as soon as the phone explodes in his face with a bright white-blue light. He then takes off his shirt, and is seen nursing his eyes.
This is not a first for the South Korean giant. In 2016, Samsung recalled the Galaxy Note 7 models after several incidents of the smartphones going up in flames were reported.
First Published: Oct 07, 2017 18:14 IST