2011 world cup]
PUBLISHED ON JUL 22, 2021 08:05 AM IST
- Raina's availability in the number 7 spot was a huge bonus for the team as he provided an attacking batting option late in the order. The southpaw played a vital role in the quarter-final and semi-final of the 2011 ICC World Cup.
UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2021 05:03 PM IST
Faf du Plessis revealed that he received death threats and was also criticised on social media after their exit from the World Cup.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON APR 03, 2021 04:42 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON APR 03, 2021 01:19 PM IST
'Akhtar told me the night before the match that he wants some tickets for his family and relatives from Pakistan. He asserted that they (Pakistan) were going to play the final in Mumbai. I replied 'If you are going to Mumbai, then where are we going?' Harbhajan said.
ANI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 11:11 PM IST
- Kirsten, the former South Africa cricketer, was Team India's coach when the Men In Blue won the 2011 World Cup.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 06:00 PM IST
- 10 years after India won the 2011 World Cup, Gautam Gambhir looked back at the importance of his knock of 97 and the shot that led to his dismissal.
UPDATED ON APR 02, 2021 04:46 PM IST
- India lost the wickets of Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar early in their run-chase and it transferred the pressure on the remaining batsmen. But Gambhir stuck around to deliver a career-defining knock of 97 to take India close to the target.
UPDATED ON APR 02, 2021 12:55 PM IST
- The tournament saw some memorable bowling performances and here is a look back at five of them.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 11:08 AM IST
- Yuvraj Singh posted two videos on Instagram, Harbhajan Singh shared his thoughts on the same, while Virender Sehwag tweeted to express their feelings on the 10th anniversary of India's 2011 World Cup win.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 10:15 AM IST
- It's difficult to forget captain the victory lap with Sachin Tendulkar on the shoulders of Indian players. It was a tribute to the Sachin as it was the last World Cup of his career. But he wasn’t the only great of the game who entered the competition with a dream of lifting the trophy.
UPDATED ON APR 03, 2021 07:39 AM IST
- Careers went in different directions for India’s 2011 World Cup heroes. MS Dhoni went on to enhance his reputation as a captain and as a finisher, Sachin Tendulkar retired soon after, Virat Kohli rose through the ranks to now rise to Tendulkar-like stature.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 08:52 AM IST
- MS Dhoni, Kevin O'Brien, Gautam Gambhir, Andrew Strauss, Yuvraj Singh: Here is a look at the top five batting performances from the 2011 ODI World Cup.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 08:09 AM IST
- As the country celebrates a decade of India's historic win on April 2, 2011, we look at the five players - Yuvraj Singh, Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Gautam Gambhir, MS Dhoni - without whom it couldn't have been possible.
UPDATED ON APR 02, 2021 01:03 PM IST
- Gautam Gambhir, who scored 97 in the final against Sri Lanka, added that the players did not do anything extraordinary, and just did the job they were picked to do, that was, to win the World Cup for India in 2011.
UPDATED ON APR 02, 2021 07:14 AM IST
- On this day (April 2, 2011), 10 years ago, India won the ODI World Cup after 28 years by Sri Lanka in the final at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Let's take you through the journey of all of India's 9 matches and re-live how Men in Blue's campaign culminated with that historic night.
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By hindustantimes.com
UPDATED ON JUN 14, 2020 04:08 PM IST
Ganguly, under whom India reached the final of the World Cup in 2003 but finished runner-up, said he was happy to see the team going the distance eight years later.