Latest from ben stokes
- A bizarre incident took place during Day 3 of the Ashes Test, which left the players and fans amazed.
Published on Jan 07, 2022 11:05 AM IST
- The former England captain lashed out at Joe Root, insisting that he has to “take personal responsibility” for Ashes debacle.
Published on Dec 31, 2021 03:28 PM IST
- The former Australia wicketkeeper pointed out the differences in the leadership and insisted that England “haven't got it right” in the first-two Ashes Test.
Published on Dec 23, 2021 09:43 AM IST
- James Neesham reacted to the dramatic incident on Day 2 of the first Ashes Test, where Ben Stokes wasn't called out for three of his first four no balls in an over.
Published on Dec 09, 2021 05:40 PM IST
- Australia opener David Warner underlined the "luck" factor, saying he was fortunate to get off with Ben Stokes' no-ball on Day 2 of the first Ashes Test at The Gabba.
Published on Dec 09, 2021 03:03 PM IST
- Controversy erupted during Day 2 of the Gabba Test between Australia and England when Ben Stokes was spotted… or not… bowling 14 no-balls in the morning session, but was called out for over-stepping only twice.
Updated on Dec 09, 2021 06:13 PM IST
- Ashes 2021-22: Ahead of the series opener against Australia, star England all-rounder Ben Stokes made a staggering revelation and also remembered his late father.
Published on Dec 07, 2021 08:23 PM IST
Stokes was a late addition to the squad after taking an indefinite break from the game in July to focus on his mental health, while also recovering from a second operation on a broken finger.
Published on Dec 06, 2021 02:15 PM IST
- IPL 2022 Retention: England's Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer are two of the biggest superstars of world cricket at the moment. So, why didn't inaugural champions Rajasthan Royals retain them? RR's Director of Cricket Kumar Sangakkara sheds some light on their decision.
Updated on Dec 01, 2021 03:34 PM IST
- Ahead of the Ashes, England's star all-rounder revealed details of an incident in his hotel room where he nearly choked on a tablet.
Updated on Nov 29, 2021 02:09 PM IST
- The Ashes: Former India player Saba Karim, while talking about Ben Stokes' comeback following a long break, opined that the England team management needs to deal with things with utmost care and sensitivity.
Published on Nov 26, 2021 04:10 PM IST
Shivansh Gupta, New Delhi
Stokes joined captain Joe Root and seniors like Stuart Broad in one of the first full training session for the players who have arrived early in Australia.
Published on Nov 11, 2021 03:11 PM IST
Root and Stokes are part of a party that will be based on the Gold Coast as they complete required quarantine before the first test, which starts at the Gabba on December 8.
Published on Nov 06, 2021 08:11 AM IST
- There was no Ian Bishop in the commentary box to prompt everyone about ‘remembering Asif Ali's name’ but Stokes did his best to recreate Bishop's words on Twitter after Asif Ali hit four sixes to seal win for Pakistan against Afghanistan.
Updated on Oct 30, 2021 09:50 AM IST
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes, who was nursing a finger injury and had taken an indefinite break from the sport to look after his mental health, has been given an all clear by his consultant and the ECB medical team.
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 01:45 PM IST
Stokes had taken an indefinite break from cricket to focus on his mental health while also recovering from a second operation on a broken finger, and was not included in coach Chris Silverwood's squad for the Ashes.
Published on Oct 16, 2021 12:23 PM IST
- Stokes had two screws and scar tissue removed from the index finger on his left hand on Monday, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Thursday, and will undergo an intensive period of rehabilitation for the next four weeks.
Published on Oct 07, 2021 04:21 PM IST
The 30-year-old sustained the injury playing in the Indian Premier League in April and after the first operation he returned in July, leading England to a 3-0 one-day international series win over Pakistan despite needing injections to play.
Published on Oct 07, 2021 01:42 PM IST
- Stokes was not included in England's 15-man preliminary squad as he extends his break from cricket to focus on his mental health, while Archer ruled himself out after he suffered a recurrence of a stress fracture in his right elbow.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 12:22 PM IST
- England head coach Chris Silverwood will not rush Ben Stokes, who is currently on an indefinite leave of absence from cricket to focus on his mental health and also give himself enough time to recuperate from a finger injury, into making his comeback.
Updated on Sep 08, 2021 08:53 AM IST
After their crushing Lord’s defeat, and ahead of the third Test against India, England’s hopes of another Headingley miracle will depend on skipper Joe Root, who has almost waged a lonely battle so far and returns to his home ground.
Published on Aug 23, 2021 08:25 PM IST
Former India batting legend Sunil Gavaskar highlighted that the hosts missed someone like all-rounder Ben Stokes who could have made a big difference.
Updated on Aug 22, 2021 11:42 PM IST
Stokes had taken an indefinite break from the game last month after leading England to a 3-0 ODI series win over Pakistan.
Published on Aug 17, 2021 08:11 PM IST
PTI | , London
England are facing an injury crisis at the moment as star players like Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and Stuart Broad have been ruled out of the Test series.
Updated on Aug 12, 2021 02:33 PM IST
- India are set to play a five-match Test series against England starting from Wednesday and Stokes is expected to not feature in the series.
Published on Aug 03, 2021 11:13 AM IST
- Former India opener Aakash Chopra explained how Ben Stokes' absence could benefit India in the upcoming five-match Test series against England.
Updated on Aug 01, 2021 12:57 PM IST
- Ben Stokes taking an indefinite break points to the extra toll that the pandemic has taken on already overworked players. Is there a way to reduce the load?
Updated on Aug 02, 2021 08:30 AM IST
- Stokes is the latest high-profile star to step away from a sport to prioritise mental health. Recently, Naomi Osaka and Simone Biles also withdrew from international competition to focus on their mental wellbeing.
Updated on Aug 01, 2021 06:48 AM IST
Ben Stokes has withdrawn from the upcoming 5-match Test series against India which begins from August 4 in Nottingham as he has decided to 'prioritise his mental wellbeing'.
Updated on Jul 30, 2021 10:37 PM IST
Ben Stokes was named as the captain of the England ODI team that had to face Pakistan after several members of the England contingent tested positive for Covid-19.
Published on Jul 17, 2021 04:20 PM IST