PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 07:29 AM IST
Suresh Raina was asked to rank the three captains, and he was pretty clear where to place Dravid, Dhoni and Kohli in his top three.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 31, 2021 10:54 AM IST
- But the IPL 2021 was halted midway due to rising number of Covid cases in the tournament's bio-bubble. The season is set to re-start from next month and Shreyas opened up on his recovery process.
PTI | , New Delhi
UPDATED ON AUG 22, 2021 06:57 PM IST
Recently, a batch of distinguished former first-class cricketers attended the BCCI's Level-2 coaching course and also appeared for the theory and practical examination.
UPDATED ON AUG 19, 2021 05:57 PM IST
- Sakariya, who earned his maiden India call-up on the back of some consistent performances for Saurashtra in domestic cricket and for Rajasthan Royals in the IPL, said he was shocked when Dravid walked up to him and said ‘hi.’
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 18, 2021 09:15 PM IST
BCCI had to invite applications since Dravid's two-year contract had ended. As per the new constitution, there is no provision for extension and the hiring process has to start afresh.
UPDATED ON AUG 14, 2021 06:37 PM IST
- Virender Sehwag, one of India's best Test openers of all time, recalled an instance from the tour of England in 2002, when he opened for India for the first time in Test cricket
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
UPDATED ON AUG 11, 2021 11:12 PM IST
Shastri’s tenure ends after the T20 World Cup. While Shastri is reportedly not keen to continue, BCCI officials said it’s a call that will be taken based on India’s showing in the October-November World Cup.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 03:31 PM IST
- Former India opener Virender Sehwag praised Rahul for his performance after the match and explained how he was able to find his footing in the match.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 09:39 AM IST
- Alex Ellis took to his Twitter on Sunday and shared a video of his interaction with the former India skipper.
UPDATED ON AUG 09, 2021 09:39 AM IST
- Karthik talked about his career with former India batsman Aakash Chopra and he narrated how Dhoni and Rahul Dravid motivated him to focus on his batting skills.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 07, 2021 08:43 AM IST
- "'That' Rahul also held the wicketkeeping gloves for the team and this Rahul did the same as well. It could either be the Bangalore connection or the connection of their names but he's very talented too," Zaheer said on Cricbuzz.
UPDATED ON AUG 01, 2021 04:26 PM IST
- Former batsman VVS Laxman feels India's batting will be up for test and one of its key members would want to end his run of low scores against England.
By Rasesh Mandani
PUBLISHED ON JUL 30, 2021 01:12 PM IST
- Unlike in 2016 and 2017 when Rahul Dravid had flatly refused, this time he isn’t saying yes or no.
UPDATED ON JUL 30, 2021 12:34 PM IST
Dravid, who is the National Cricket Academy (NCA) director, has successfully coached the India Under-19 side and the India A side. But the Sri Lankan tour was Dravid's first assignment as the head coach of the India senior team.
UPDATED ON JUL 31, 2021 07:44 AM IST
Samson has now failed in nine consecutive T20 matches since last year. Samson wasn't able to get a big score in all the matches he played in Sri Lanka and looks like missing out on a place in the squad for the T20 World Cup.
UPDATED ON JUL 30, 2021 09:00 AM IST
Inzamam was impressed by the character shown by the Indian team when almost half of the players were unavailable for the 2nd T20I against Sri Lanka.
UPDATED ON JUL 30, 2021 08:59 AM IST
- There have been a lot of outside noise about too many players getting rewarded with India caps but the India coach Rahul Dravid refuted any such belief and asserted that anyone who is picked in the squad, is fit to represent India in its 11.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 28, 2021 04:32 PM IST
Former India opener Wasim Jaffer shared a meme on Twitter that shows coach Rahul Dravid would take the field with VVS Laxman in the second T20I.
UPDATED ON JUL 26, 2021 10:30 AM IST
- The 30-year-old scored 50 off 34 deliveries as India set a challenging 165-run target for the hosts.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 24, 2021 01:08 PM IST
Despite the loss, Raja lauded India’s move to test their bench strength after having won the 3-match series already.
UPDATED ON JUL 24, 2021 02:53 PM IST
- It is just not the Indian team that is reaping the benefits of Dravid’s wisdom and experience but the opposing teams also.
UPDATED ON JUL 24, 2021 07:08 AM IST
- India vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI: IND were 147 for 3 in 23 overs when heavy rains halted play on Friday. It was during that time, Dravid was seen talking to Shanaka.
UPDATED ON JUL 23, 2021 12:12 AM IST
- Deepak Chahar has revealed that he learnt the art of chasing from MS Dhoni and it was the confidence shown by Rahul Dravid which played a major role in his batting.
UPDATED ON JUL 23, 2021 07:21 AM IST
- Fans have started speculating on Rahul Dravid becoming the head coach of the senior team in the near future.
UPDATED ON JUL 21, 2021 08:17 PM IST
Raja was impressed with the way India came back into the game and thumped Sri Lanka. He complimented Dravid for the success who is the coach of the team in the ongoing tour.
UPDATED ON JUL 22, 2021 07:26 AM IST
- BCCI shared the video of post-match scenes in the Indian dressing room, where Rahul Dravid was addressing all the young Indian cricketers after they beat Sri Lanka in the 2nd ODI.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 09:56 AM IST
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who was unbeaten on 19, said Rahul Dravid knew Deepak Chahar's abilities with the bat and hence decided to promote him up the order in the 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka.
UPDATED ON JUL 21, 2021 10:01 AM IST
- At the end of the 44th over of the Indian innings, Dravid was seen rushing down the staircase of the dressing room and making his way into the Indian dugout to talk to Rahul Chahar and pass on a message for Deepak Chahar, who batting in the middle.
UPDATED ON JUL 21, 2021 07:35 AM IST
- After the game, Deepak Chahar spoke about his match-winning innings in the 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka and revealed what he was told by head coach Rahul Dravid.
UPDATED ON JUL 19, 2021 02:24 PM IST
- India vs Sri Lanka: After registering a 7-wicket win in the first ODI, Prithvi Shaw spoke about the instructions received from coach Rahul Dravid before walking out to bat.