UPDATED ON SEP 21, 2021 03:17 PM IST
Former India opener Virender Sehwag stated that the KKR batsman should always play with a free mind and shouldn’t be bothered by number of runs against his name.
UPDATED ON SEP 19, 2021 02:25 PM IST
- Ahead of the resumption of IPL 2021, KKR mentor David Hussey pinned his hopes on the duo of Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana, calling them the 'next generation of Indian players'.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 08, 2021 09:41 AM IST
KKR batsman Shubman Gill feels that his side can still manage to qualify for the playoffs once remainder of the tournament resumes.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 08:46 PM IST
Gill did not have a great outing in the World Test Championship (WTC) final against New Zealand as he recorded scores of just 28 and 8 runs.
UPDATED ON JUL 15, 2021 01:56 PM IST
Several media reports have claimed that opener Shubman Gill could miss the whole of England Tests owing to an injury and standby Abhimanyu Easwaran could make it to the main squad.
UPDATED ON JUL 10, 2021 02:03 PM IST
- Former India cricketers said that there is no need for the board to send in new openers to replace the injured Shubman Gill as there are enough players in the squad.
UPDATED ON JUL 08, 2021 01:49 PM IST
- Aakash Chopra has expressed surprise over reports that the team management is considering KL Rahul as a middle-order batsman for the Test series against England.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 08, 2021 08:55 AM IST
Several reports claimed that coach Ravi Shastri wanted Prithvi Shaw and Devdutt Padikkal to fly to England to be Gill's replacements.
UPDATED ON JUL 07, 2021 07:09 PM IST
India vs England: Former India cricketer Deep Dasgupta addressed the squad dilemma India are facing with Shubman Gill's injury in England.
UPDATED ON JUL 06, 2021 12:25 PM IST
Jaffer shared a funny meme – a still from Bollywood star Ajay Devgan’s debut movie Phool Aur Kaante – to wish him luck in the forthcoming series.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 05, 2021 12:14 PM IST
Former India wicketkeeper Saba Karim questioned how Shubman Gill's injury escaped the eyes of Indian medical team.
UPDATED ON JUL 04, 2021 11:06 AM IST
- Kapil Dev feels that with Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul already in the side, picking a third opener and adding him into the squad does not reflect nice on the management's part.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 04, 2021 07:53 AM IST
- India are due to take on England in a five-match series and with Shubman Gill, who failed to make an impact in the summit clash, suffering an injury, Deep Dasgupta feels either Mayank Agarwal or KL Rahul should take the second opening spot.
UPDATED ON JUL 02, 2021 05:18 PM IST
- With Shubman Gill likely to miss the Test series against England, Wasim Jaffer knows which opening batsman his vote is going to.
UPDATED ON JUL 02, 2021 11:24 AM IST
- With Shubman Gill likely ruled out of the first England Tests, Danish Kaneria feels the opportunity is ideal for India to bring back Mayank Agarwal for the role of opener.
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 04:26 PM IST
It is all but certain that Gill is unlikely to feature in the upcoming five-Test series against England starting in Nottingham from August 4.
PTI | , New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 12:00 AM IST
It is believed that the Shubman Gill has either sustained a calf muscle injury or hamstring tear which could take considerable time to heal. It is not clear how and when he picked up the injury.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 29, 2021 08:55 AM IST
Cricketer-turned-commentator Chopra did not fail to point out that even if Gill wasn't selected, the next-in-line batsman was Mayank Agarwal and not KL Rahul.
UPDATED ON JUN 27, 2021 11:34 AM IST
- For things to change this time around, a constant effort needs to be made by India, and former India captain Sunil Gavaskar feels it can start by reshuffling India's opening combination.
UPDATED ON JUN 26, 2021 09:34 PM IST
- Reacting to Gill’s tendency to fall over to straight deliveries, former India batsman VVS Laxman said, the youngster needs to work on his game as the likes of James Anderson and Stuart Broad may target him in the upcoming series.
UPDATED ON JUN 25, 2021 09:01 PM IST
Former selector Gagan Khoda said that Shubman Gill is a middle-order batsman and ‘not an opener’. He further stated that the team management could have considered the likes of Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw.
UPDATED ON JUN 22, 2021 08:09 PM IST
- India batsman Shubman Gill put in a stunning dive, which had him parallel to the ground, to dismiss New Zealand's Ross Taylor during the WTC final.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 22, 2021 06:36 PM IST
- Mohammed Shami gave India their first breakthrough of the day and it was courtesy a stunning catch by Shubman Gill
PUBLISHED ON JUN 21, 2021 11:38 AM IST
Shubman Gill did admit that it's been a problem as they have now failed to cross 250 against New Zealand on five successive occasions.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 03:38 PM IST
- On the occasion of his captain's 10th Test anniversary, Shubman Gill hailed Virat Kohli, calling the India skipper an inspiration for youngsters like him and many more and credited him for transforming Indian cricket into 'something else'.
UPDATED ON JUN 20, 2021 09:21 AM IST
- The legendary Sunil Gavaskar has predicted that young batsman Shubman Gill will score multiple Test centuries for India.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 06:29 PM IST
- In the recent intra-squad match simulation in Southampton, he struck an impressive 85 which eventually earned him a place in the 15-man Indian squad for the final and almost guaranteed his position as the opener.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 01:31 PM IST
Brendon McCullum said Shubman Gill is a gifted talent whom people like to work with because they can see the youngster becoming one of ‘India’s greatest player’ in future.
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 08:28 AM IST
- "He has got a good strike rate in Test cricket and has shots all around the wicket. He needs to be backed by everyone," Raja said about the promising India youngster.
UPDATED ON JUN 15, 2021 06:59 PM IST
- Former India batsman VVS Laxman said that the youngster is looking in good touch currently and should continue to open the innings with senior Rohit Sharma in order to maintain continuity.