Australia Test skipper Tim Paine had said Ashes will go ahead even if England captain Joe Root won't be part of the tour amid ongoing uncertainty about the level of restrictions the visitors may face.
Published on Oct 16, 2021 10:17 PM IST
ANI | , London [uk]
Pucovski's history of concussion problems could mean the young opener is sidelined for at least part of the Ashes series, which starts on December 8 in Brisbane.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 11:26 AM IST
Reuters | , Melbourne
- Reacting to Paine's comments, Vaughan said as Australia's Test captain, he needed to show some empathy towards the England players
Updated on Oct 09, 2021 06:42 PM IST
- Reacting to the jibe, Australia Test captain Tim Paine said he found the whole thing laughable and came up with a gem of a line in response.
Published on Oct 08, 2021 02:35 PM IST
- Former captain Nasser Hussain has hit out at Australia for not understanding the seriousness of a bio-bubble and its implications after several members questioned England's reluctance in traveling Down Under for a five-Test Ashes series.
Updated on Oct 04, 2021 04:23 PM IST
- Reacting to uncertainties, Paine said no one forcing anyone to board the flight but the Ashes will start on December 8 as per the schedule with or without Joe Root.
Updated on Oct 01, 2021 11:34 AM IST
Tim Paine had been suffering from severe pain down his left side caused by a pinched nerve and, on the advice of surgeons, underwent the procedure on Tuesday.
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 07:48 AM IST
- Cricket Australia said Paine had been suffering from pain in his neck and left arm because of "a bulging disc which reduced his ability to train at full intensity and has not responded to treatment".
Published on Sep 13, 2021 02:36 PM IST
Reuters | , Sydney
Afghanistan named its T20 World Cup squad on Thursday with Rashid Khan as the skipper, but the star spinner immediately resigned from captaincy, stating he was not consulted before picking the 15-member side.
Published on Sep 10, 2021 12:33 PM IST
PTI | , Melbourne
Langer's role has been under the microscope in the wake of heavy T20 series defeats and amid media reports that some players had become disaffected by his intense coaching style.
Published on Aug 20, 2021 08:29 AM IST
- Australia captain Tim Paine says missing out on the WTC final due to a slow-over rate penalty was a bitter pill to swallow.
Published on Jul 05, 2021 06:05 PM IST
- Paine’s assertation is slightly against the popular belief – That New Zealand will start as favourites due to the familiarity with conditions and their recent 1-0 victory against hosts England – of many cricket experts and former players.
Updated on Jun 15, 2021 02:42 PM IST
- Vice-captain and pace bowling spearhead Pat Cummins is a natural choice to succeed Tim Paine as Australia's Test captain.
Published on Jun 14, 2021 03:00 PM IST
Brad Hogg heaped praise on Pat Cummins, stating that the latter is a role model both on and off the field.
Updated on May 19, 2021 09:39 PM IST
Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc and Nathan Lyon issued a strongly-worded statement on Tuesday denying any knowledge of the plot and calling for an end to "rumour-mongering" and "innuendo".
Updated on May 19, 2021 11:07 PM IST
Reuters | , Sydney
- Tim Paine may have stirred the pot with his controversial comments on the Indian cricket team, but that doesn't take anything from his admiration for its captain Virat Kohli.
Updated on May 16, 2021 12:19 AM IST
- Smith had to step down from his post and face a year ban following his involvement in the Sandpaper Gate fiasco in the Cape Town Test against South Africa in March 2018.
Published on May 14, 2021 08:00 AM IST
- Australia captain Tim Paine has taken a shot at India, saying the Indian cricket team are good at distracting the opposition with things that 'do not matter'.
Updated on May 14, 2021 08:06 AM IST
- Former skipper Steve Smith on Monday spoke about his wish to lead the country's national cricket team again if given a chance.
Published on Mar 30, 2021 05:09 PM IST
After Smith's ban, Tim Paine took over the reins of Australia's test side while Aaron Finch was handed the captaincy of the white-ball formats.
Published on Mar 29, 2021 05:45 PM IST
Australia was slated to lock horns with South Africa in the Test series later this month. The Tim Paine-led side's chances of qualifying for the WTC final in Lord's in June have taken a massive hit.
Published on Feb 02, 2021 05:26 PM IST
Cricket Australia's EGM (National Teams) Ben Oliver stated that some of the commentary surrounding his position ‘has been wide of the mark’.
Published on Jan 27, 2021 12:39 PM IST
Former skipper Ian Chappell feels that Steve Smith might get back the post if there is no other choice to replace Tim Paine
Published on Jan 21, 2021 07:05 PM IST
- India vs Australia: Amid the plethora of people who want the 36-year-old out, Tim Paine has received the backing of Brett Lee
Updated on Jan 20, 2021 04:10 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
An injury-stricken Indian side scripted history on Tuesday by beating Australia by three wickets in the Brisbane Test to win the series 2-1 and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
Published on Jan 20, 2021 03:19 PM IST
India vs Australia: Ashwin's remarks came a few days after the banter that happened during the Sydney Test between him and Paine where the latter used an expletive.
Published on Jan 20, 2021 09:16 AM IST
Australia captain Tim Paine said India outplayed them and deserved to win the series. The Ajinkya Rahane-led Indian side beat Australia by 3 wickets in Brisbane to take the series 2-1
Updated on Jan 19, 2021 05:11 PM IST
- IND vs AUS 4th Test, Day 1 Highlights: Marnus Labuschagne got to his century after Tea but lost his wicket soon. Natarajan also dismissed Wade just before completing his fifty. Paine and Green then batted the day out for Australia.
Updated on Jan 16, 2021 06:47 AM IST
India batting coach Rathour said the problems in the hotel didn't for once affect their focus on the Test match ahead. India will play Australia in the fourth Test in Brisbane starting from Friday.
Updated on Jan 14, 2021 05:41 PM IST
While many cricket experts have taken a shot at Paine for sledging Ashwin in Sydney, former Australian captain Ian Chappell has advised him to just ‘shut up and get on with the job’.
Updated on Jan 14, 2021 07:49 PM IST