PUBLISHED ON JUL 16, 2021 04:20 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUL 16, 2021 03:51 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUL 16, 2021 03:28 PM IST
- As the Taliban fighters are rapidly making advances in Afghanistan and capturing new territories every passing day, the role of Pakistan pertaining to regional security has become a cause of concern.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray
PUBLISHED ON JUL 16, 2021 11:55 AM IST
The Clubhouse audio app allows users to dip into "rooms", either to listen or virtually put their hand up to speak in discussions, which according to the platform's guidelines cannot be recorded nor comments quoted.
Written by Meenakshi Ray
PUBLISHED ON JUL 16, 2021 11:22 AM IST
Taliban's latest diktat comes as it gains control of many key districts and border posts with Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan after US and Nato troops complete their pullout from Afghanistan after nearly 20 years.
PTI | | Posted by Shanza Khan, Islamabad
PUBLISHED ON JUL 15, 2021 11:01 PM IST
Pakistan has been accused of trying to help the Taliban fighting for supremacy in Afghanistan and the upcoming conference seems to be an effort to assuage that impression.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 15, 2021 09:37 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUL 14, 2021 08:54 PM IST
UPDATED ON JUL 14, 2021 06:20 PM IST
- The control of the border crossing between the Pakistani town of Chaman and the Afghan town of Wesh could be the most strategic objective they have captured so far.
PTI | | Posted by Shanza Khan, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 14, 2021 05:22 PM IST
Afghanistan is going through a critical period and that there is no military solution to it, the diplomat said.
UPDATED ON JUL 15, 2021 02:48 AM IST
External affairs minister S Jaishankar presented the Indian view at a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Contact Group on Afghanistan in the Tajikistan capital.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 14, 2021 04:12 PM IST
- Last week, the Taliban said that the group would guarantee the safety of Chinese investors and workers in Afghanistan and would not host Uyghur militants from the Xinjiang province.
UPDATED ON JUL 14, 2021 03:07 PM IST
"Afghan women and girls are going to suffer unspeakable harm. This is a mistake... They're just going to be left behind to be slaughtered by these very brutal people, and it breaks my heart," George W Bush said.
Agencies | , Kabul
PUBLISHED ON JUL 14, 2021 01:20 AM IST
- A senior insurgent leader also said on Tuesday that the Taliban do not want to battle government forces inside Afghanistan’s cities and would rather see them surrender.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 13, 2021 08:18 PM IST
"Now that the fighting from mountains and deserts has reached the doors of the cities, Mujahiddin (Taliban) don't want fighting inside the city," Amir Khan Muttaqi said in a message tweeted by a Taliban spokesman.
UPDATED ON JUL 13, 2021 01:42 AM IST
Jaishankar will then travel to Uzbekistan to participate in a conference on regional trade, transport and connectivity in Tashkent during July 15-16.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Srivatsan K C | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 09:37 PM IST
During the flag-passing ceremony at the Resolute Support headquarters at the heart of Kabul, Miller remembered the US and Nato troops along with the thousands of Afghan nationals who were killed during the war.
Agencies | , Beijing, Kabul
PUBLISHED ON JUL 12, 2021 12:33 AM IST
- Washington’s move to pull its troops from Afghanistan resulting in a “mess and turmoil”, says Beijing.
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 02:56 AM IST
The evacuation was done on Saturday, just four days after India said there were no imminent plans to close its mission in Kabul and consulates in the cities of Kandahar and Mazar-e-Sharif.
Reuters | , Kabul, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 11:10 PM IST
More than a dozen Taliban fighters were killed in air strikes by the Afghan Air Force on hideouts on the outskirts of Takhar's provincial center, Taluqan, according to Afghanistan's defence ministry.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 10:00 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUL 11, 2021 02:02 AM IST
The assessments come at a time of growing alarm in the international community, including India, at the Taliban’s rapid resurgence in Afghanistan that some intelligence agencies fear is poised to wrest control of key parts of the country from the Afghan government.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 09:50 PM IST
- Pakistan has been evasive on the question of the Taliban’s role in rising violence in Afghanistan even as the group continues its offensive in the war-torn country.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 10, 2021 08:31 PM IST
- Three Taliban officials, who are visiting the Russian capital Moscow, said that they will take all steps to make sure that Islamic State does not function on Afghan territory.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 08:04 PM IST
- Earlier this week, Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi said that Beijing and Islamabad need to defend regional peace together as the Afghanistan issue has implications for both countries.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 04:22 AM IST
Expressing concern at the “direction of events in Afghanistan”, Jaishankar referred to India’s stated policy of not interfering in the internal affairs of other countries.
Reuters | , Washington
UPDATED ON JUL 10, 2021 03:04 AM IST
Democratic US Senator Jeanne Shaheen said at least 17 Democratic and Republican senators are now sponsoring her bill to increase the number of authorized visas.
UPDATED ON JUL 10, 2021 01:31 AM IST
Amid reports of intense fighting in several parts of Afghanistan and the capture of a large number of districts and some crucial border crossings by the Taliban, Mamundzay rejected assessments by some Western powers about the possible collapse of Afghan security forces.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 09, 2021 08:58 PM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 09, 2021 06:39 PM IST