Latest from ajaz patel
The left-arm spinner was nominated for the award alongside India opener Mayank Agarwal and Australian pacer Mitchell Starc but beat them to it on the back of his incredibly rare feat.
Published on Jan 10, 2022 04:31 PM IST
PTI | , Dubai
Ajaz Patel created history in the second and final Test against India earlier this month, becoming the third bowler after Jim Laker and Anil Kumble to scalp 10 wickets in one innings.
Published on Dec 23, 2021 07:35 AM IST
- Ajaz and Axar have led the re-emergence of left-arm slow bowlers in 2021
Published on Dec 17, 2021 08:50 PM IST
- The Kiwi left-arm spinner has bucked a trend in his country of pace heroes. While cricketing stardom is assured, will Ajaz build on his historic feat in the Mumbai Test?
Published on Dec 14, 2021 06:28 PM IST
N Ananthanarayanan, New Delhi
- Following the culmination of the second India-New Zealand Tests, left-arm spinner Axar Patel, Ajaz Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, and Ravindra Jadeja posed for an amusing photo. Ajaz has now explained how the image came to being.
Updated on Dec 11, 2021 04:53 PM IST
- A day after the game ended at the Wankhede Stadium, Patel’s bowling remained the talking point.
Published on Dec 08, 2021 12:39 AM IST
- Last week, during the second Test against India, New Zealand's Ajaz Patel had become the third bowler in the history of Test cricket to pick all ten wickets in an innings.
Published on Dec 07, 2021 02:33 PM IST
- Courtesy of Ashwin, who made a hilarious request to Twitter Verified soon after Ajaz's historic ten-wicket haul, the spinner go a verified blue tick on his social media handle.
Updated on Dec 07, 2021 12:05 PM IST
- A day after Virender Sehwag tweeted his wishes to Ajaz Patel for picking up 10 wickets in an innings against India in Mumbai, the left-arm New Zealand spinner responded to the former opening batter by reminding him of an incident he may have forgotten.
Updated on Dec 06, 2021 01:53 PM IST
India vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Ajaz Patel achieved the feat against India during the second Test match here at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Published on Dec 04, 2021 08:41 PM IST
ANI | , Mumbai (maharashtra)
- NZ left-arm spinner takes a 10-wicket haul for only the third time in Test history but Mayank Agarwal’s 150 and India’s spinners help hosts seize control on Day 2
Updated on Dec 04, 2021 08:09 PM IST
Sanjjeev K Samyal, Mumbai
- Following the historic feat, cricket fraternity couldn't keep calm as Twitter was filled with congratulatory messages for the Mumbai-born left-arm spinner.
Published on Dec 04, 2021 01:34 PM IST
- From slow burn to thrill-a-minute, the final day of the Test saw it all as the last Kiwi pair thwarted every attempt by Ashwin, Jadeja and Axar to dislodge them.
Updated on Nov 29, 2021 09:26 PM IST
Shantanu Srivastava, Kanpur
- New Zealand missed reviewing an LBW call against Shubman Gill when he was batting on 6, which if taken, would have resulted in a wicket.
Updated on Nov 25, 2021 02:03 PM IST
Ajaz Patel is looking to play a crucial part in the two-Test series against India which begins in Kanpur on Thursday.
Published on Nov 23, 2021 12:37 PM IST
PTI | , Kanpur
New Zealand's most successful test wicketkeeper BJ Watling was also omitted after announcing his retirement from all forms of cricket after the team's tour of England.
Published on May 13, 2021 11:51 PM IST
Stead said selecting Santner over Patel was the toughest decision they had to make but settled on Santner as he had a few matches under his belt heading into the series.
Updated on Dec 21, 2020 11:59 PM IST
Colin de Grandhomme and Ajaz Patel have been replaced by all-rounders Daryl Mitchell and Mitchell Santner in the New Zealand Test squad respectively for the two-Tests against West Indies.
Updated on Nov 25, 2020 07:30 AM IST
Wellington |Associated Press
The 25-year-old Jamieson earned the Man of the Match award in his ODI debut against India, before grabbing the Player of the Match award for taking a five wicket haul in the second Test at Hagley Oval.
Updated on May 15, 2020 05:52 PM IST
Christchurch |Press Trust of India
Ind vs NZ: Kane Williamson will make a final inspection of the Basin Reserve pitch before confirming his side for the first test against India on Friday.
Updated on Feb 20, 2020 10:46 AM IST
Chasing 271 for a series-win, India A needed seven runs from the final over with two wickets in hand but wicket-keeper batsman Kishan took a single off the second ball after playing a dot to expose the tail.
Published on Jan 26, 2020 01:10 PM IST
Victory was achieved with an hour left on day five when Lasith Embuldeniya edged a short delivery from Trent Boult to Kane Williamson at gully.
Updated on Aug 26, 2019 06:16 PM IST
From 143 for two, Sri Lanka slumped to 161 for seven before an unfinished 66-run stand for the eighth wicket between Niroshan Dickwella and Suranga Lakmal stopped the rot
Published on Aug 15, 2019 06:59 PM IST
Test rankings have added relevance with the new, two-year ICC World Test Championship now under way, culminating in a 2021 final at Lord’s between the top two teams.
Updated on Aug 13, 2019 09:16 AM IST
Stead said the Sri Lankan wickets were expected to turn and he was adopting a “horses-for-courses” strategy in selecting Ajaz Patel, Will Somerville, Mitchell Santner and Todd Astle.
Updated on Jul 29, 2019 09:03 AM IST
Ajaz Patel produced a man of the match performance on debut in New Zealand’s four-run win over Pakistan in the first Test in Abu Dhabi last month.
Updated on Dec 10, 2018 05:58 PM IST
New Zealand used two slow bowlers in each of the three tests in the UAE, with left arm spinner Ajaz Patel and offspinner Will Somerville instrumental in the first and third test victories.
Published on Dec 09, 2018 12:04 PM IST
New Zealand beat Pakistan in 3rd Test by 123 runs to win first away series over Pakistan in 49 years
Set 280 for victory on the final day, Pakistan suffered two separate batting collapses as New Zealand’s bowlers secured a memorable victory at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium.
Updated on Dec 07, 2018 07:22 PM IST
Abu Dhabi |AFP
New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson praised his team’s never-say-die approach and described a tension-packed narrow four-run win a “good advertisement for Test cricket”. It was the fifth narrowest margin of victory in terms of runs in Test cricket history.
Published on Nov 20, 2018 02:07 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |HT Correspondent
Williamson admitted the win was dramatic, with fortunes fluctuating throughout the day on which Pakistan needed a further 139 with all ten wickets intact.
Updated on Nov 19, 2018 08:30 PM IST
Abu Dhabi |AFP