PUBLISHED ON JUN 19, 2021 09:23 AM IST
A 64-year-old man found two 17th-century paintings oil paintings at the rest stop near Ohrenbach in central Germany last month.
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 07:50 AM IST
- Janet Malcolm died in New York from lung cancer. Her honours included a PEN award for biography in 2008 for 'Two Lives: Gertrude and Alice' and a nomination in 2014 from the National Book Critics Circle for 'Forty-One False Starts.'
UPDATED ON JUN 17, 2021 05:19 PM IST
Titled “Vortex,” Japanese artist Miwako Sakauchi's paintings show the 'anger, fear, sense of contradiction and state violence' over the residents evicted and the trees felled so enormous Olympic stadiums could be built
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 07:57 AM IST
Salvatore Cosentino, 63, customises shoes for players and fans from his workshop in Aosta in Italy's northwest tip and said he felt that a personalised pair dedicated to the Danish midfielder was the right thing to do.
UPDATED ON JUN 13, 2021 06:19 PM IST
- New York-based Morgan Art Foundation intends to work with the Maine-based Star of Hope Foundation, which aims to transform Robert Indiana’s island home into a museum. Indiana created a lifetime of art but he’s best known for LOVE, spelled with two letters to a line and with a tilted “O.”
UPDATED ON JUN 07, 2021 08:38 AM IST
Arun Sahu of Kantei Koli village in Ganjam district has carved two copies of Hanuman Chalisa, a Hindu holy book, from wood.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 04, 2021 09:20 AM IST
A man in Madhya Pradesh's Jabalpur district has been creating eco-friendly pieces of artwork using dry flowers, tree leaves, and tree barks.
UPDATED ON JUN 02, 2021 11:01 AM IST
'Deewar', 'Kabhi Kabhie' art director Marutirao Kale had tested positive for novel coronavirus on May 7 following which he was admitted to Holy Family Multispeciality Hospital in Bandra, Mumbai
UPDATED ON MAY 31, 2021 02:21 PM IST
- A treasure hunt is organised every week in Brooklyn neighbourhood by American artist Steve Wasterval who has painted and hidden about 80 tiny landscape drawings of Greenpoint, on New York's streets
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 27, 2021 12:36 PM IST
- Jawaharlal Nehru Death Anniversary: As India pays homage to the country’s first and longest serving Prime Minister, here are some of his lesser known facts, inspirational quotes and positive messages that will make you fall in love with the beauty of the world, art, life and culture
UPDATED ON MAY 13, 2021 02:01 PM IST
- Marina Abramovic wins Spanish art prize worth 50,000-euro ($56,700). Her works include “The Artist is Present,” in which she spent 716 hours sitting still while thousands of museum-goers took turns sitting in front of her and sharing one another’s gaze.
UPDATED ON MAY 13, 2021 01:35 PM IST
Demi Lovato's debut podcast, '4D with Demi Lovato', is scheduled to release on May 19 and will explore topics of importance to her on the weekly podcast including mental health, activism, LGBTQ rights, justice, body positivity, art and the environment.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 03:14 PM IST
- From bracelet mehendi designs to 5-minutes Arabic patterns, floral diagonal designs and easy DIY for full-hand henna, here are some beautiful, trendy and unique mehndi designs to choose your pick from ahead of chaand raat this Ramadan or Eid-ul-Fitr 2021
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 04:48 PM IST
- Shahid Kapoor tries dispelling the surrounding Covid-19 gloom by sharing a ‘picture of happiness’ by well-known Turkish painter Abidin Dino and we are taking a leaf out of his message of positivity this Monday
UPDATED ON MAY 03, 2021 10:03 AM IST
Hundreds of boats line up on Lake Geneva in border art project or an artistic representation of the border between Switzerland and France
UPDATED ON MAY 03, 2021 09:51 AM IST
- Eli Broad passed away at 87 after a long illness. The billionaire contemporary art collector reshaped Los Angeles’ once moribund downtown into a burgeoning area of expensive lofts, fancy dining establishments and civic structures like the landmark Walt Disney Concert Hall
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON APR 29, 2021 06:06 PM IST
- Learning and appreciating the art form of classical dance on International Dance Day, Sushmita Sen pays respect to her ‘guru teacher’ Pritam Shikhare with an heartwarming note and video | Watch
UPDATED ON APR 28, 2021 08:57 PM IST
- An online charity auction to support the performing arts community includes a Wolverine jacket from Hugh Jackman’s closet, a banjo signed by Steve Martin, boots, jeans and a T-shirt from Bruce Springsteen and a dress from Dolly Parton that comes with its own mannequin
UPDATED ON APR 13, 2021 11:50 AM IST
Off-duty Italy art cops find Roman 'Togatus' statue, that was looted from the Villa Marini Dettina archaeological site in November 2011, in a Belgian antiques shop
UPDATED ON APR 06, 2021 09:38 AM IST
As Tokyo Olympics ban foreign spectators, Bugaku or 'warrior dance' switches to online classes on Zoom calls. Bugaku is a performance art that combines the styles of samurai sword play with the song and dance of classical Japanese drama.
UPDATED ON MAR 28, 2021 07:59 PM IST
- The Ghent Altarpiece was nearly destroyed in 16th century, taken to Paris after French revolution, sold off to an art dealer, almost burned in the cathedral in 1822 and bricked in during World War I to avoid German appropriation. After the Just Judges survived all that, it was stolen in April 1934
UPDATED ON MAR 23, 2021 10:49 AM IST
An upcoming Sotheby's auction spanning 500 years of art to offer paintings including silverware by Pablo Picasso, Edvard Munch's 'Embrace on the Beach' and poster image for Banksy's 'Barely Legal' exhibition that features a naked, pregnant figure wearing a monkey mask and smoking a cigarette
UPDATED ON MAR 21, 2021 05:58 PM IST
Artists like Shah Jahan Bhagat have been organising folk theatre workshops in Srinagar, for the youth, so that the century-old culture of the Kashmir valley can be preserved.
UPDATED ON MAR 19, 2021 06:43 PM IST
As the coronavirus pandemic has made everyone in the fashion industry rethink their relationship with their work, designer Anamika Khanna asserts that it is important to adapt and innovate with time while creating art amid Covid-19 lockdowns
UPDATED ON MAR 19, 2021 06:19 PM IST
From TikTok to Pickup Trucks, here's how the creator of 'SuperYou' Lourds Lane's musical thrived in the Covid-19 pandemic even as coronavirus shut down theatres in early 2020
UPDATED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:36 AM IST
- Including works by Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Franz Kline, the art collection of Texas oil and ranching heiress Anne Marion will be up for auction this spring in New York. Sotheby's said three masterworks at the heart of the collection are expected to each sell for over $20 million.
UPDATED ON FEB 22, 2021 04:54 PM IST
- Nobel laureate Olga Tokarczuk experiments with form and translates The Lost Soul, from Polish to English and merged with illustrations to produce a picture book to attract readers of various ages and backgrounds
UPDATED ON FEB 15, 2021 04:47 PM IST
PM Modi shares toll free number and invites motivational stories or inspiring ideas for the next 'Mann Ki Baat' on February 28 from the fields of art, culture and tourism.
UPDATED ON FEB 10, 2021 08:21 AM IST
- Access to Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece 'Last Supper', housed inside the refectory of the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie, resumed Tuesday to just eight viewers every 15 minutes in the first week of reopening
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON FEB 08, 2021 07:46 PM IST
- ‘Carry forth the call of our captains’: America’s first ever National Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman stirs the country once again with her original poem at the Super Bowl with unthinkable collision of grace and glitz. Check her full poem, Chorus of the Captains, here