astrazeneca covid-19 vaccine]
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON JUN 10, 2021 02:05 PM IST
The increased risk of the condition, known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), is estimated to be 11 per million doses, similar to figures seen in vaccines for flu, and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), the researchers said.
PTI | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON MAY 28, 2021 04:45 PM IST
The Czech Republic-based vaccine supplier, through an email, informed the BMC about the withdrawal of its proposal on Wednesday
ANI | , Washington Dc
PUBLISHED ON MAY 23, 2021 05:20 AM IST
Tamil Nadu finance minister Palanivel Thiaga Rajan made a plea to Jackson Sr to request US President Joe Biden to expeditiously release an allotment of Astra Zeneca vaccines for India from the 80 million vaccines that the US has offered to donate overseas.
AP | , Blantyre, Malawi
UPDATED ON MAY 19, 2021 04:41 PM IST
- Malawi’s burning of the vaccines defies calls not to do so by the World Health Organization and the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 08:01 PM IST
- While the first data from the treatment’s trials are expected in the coming weeks, the UK has no orders for it and is still evaluating the role antibody cocktails may play in Britain’s response to the pandemic, according to one of the people, who didn’t want to be identified because details of the discussions are private.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 06:28 PM IST
- Authorities on March 11 suspended the AstraZeneca rollout after a small number of younger inoculated people were hospitalised for a combination of blood clots, bleeding and a low count of platelets, some of whom later died.
Reuters | , Nairobi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 07:23 PM IST
WHO stressed that the majority of those who tested positive had not been vaccinated or had only received one dose, that no one who had died had been fully vaccinated and that nearly all of those needing treatment for severe or critical cases were unvaccinated.
UPDATED ON MAY 09, 2021 08:09 PM IST
- The announcement comes one day after the European Union cemented its support for Pfizer-BioNTech's vaccine by agreeing to a massive contract extension for a potential 1.8 billion doses through 2023.
By Yashwant Raj, Washington
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 04:27 AM IST
AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine, which is made and retailed in India as Covishield, is not approved for use in the US.
AP | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON APR 27, 2021 05:34 AM IST
The White House is increasingly feeling assured about the supply of the three vaccines being administered in the US, particularly following the restart of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson shot over the weekend.
Reuters | | Posted by Srivatsan K C, Jerusalem
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 04:05 PM IST
"We are trying to find the best solution. After all, we don't want (the vaccines) to get here and have to throw them into the trash," Nachman Ash, told Army Radio, saying Israel's needs were being met by other suppliers.
Reuters | , Manila
PUBLISHED ON APR 19, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- "The benefit outweighs the risk. Only a small percentage of the population had these adverse effects for AstraZeneca," Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire told a regular news conference
Reuters | , Gaborone
UPDATED ON APR 12, 2021 10:03 PM IST
- India donated 30,000 doses of the vaccine that were manufactured by the Serum Institute of India, and Botswana bought 33,000 doses that were made in South Korea. The two people who died had taken the shots made in India.
Reuters | , Geneva
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 10:56 PM IST
The independent experts, in a statement issued after a review of the latest global data, said that specialised studies were needed to fully understand the potential relationship between vaccination and possible risk factors.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 01:39 PM IST
- The dispute emphasises the challenge facing European nations to vaccinate their populations and the impact on any vaccine export restrictions on countries that had pre-ordered doses.
Reuters | , Rome
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 06:33 PM IST
Senior official and chair of the vaccine evaluation drive Marco Cavaleri said the reason behind this reaction is still unclear and also did not provide evidence to support his comments.
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 07:27 AM IST
- The move came after the Maryland-based biotech firm, Emergent BioSolutions Inc., accidentally mixed up the ingredients from the two vaccines, which forced regulators to delay approval of the plant’s output, the New York Times said.
AP | , Nairobi
PUBLISHED ON APR 03, 2021 05:09 PM IST
- Private health facilities have been charging about $80 for the Russian Sputnik V vaccine, while the governments institutions are giving for free AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccines received from the global COVAX initiative
PUBLISHED ON APR 03, 2021 02:41 PM IST
- The Australian case, first reported on April 2, is currently being investigated by the country’s Therapeutic Goods Administration.
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 01:24 PM IST
Australian media reported that a 44-year-old man was admitted to a Melbourne hospital with possible clotting days after receiving the vaccine.
AFP | | Posted by Srivatsan K C
PUBLISHED ON MAR 31, 2021 01:03 AM IST
Under-60s can still decide to take the vaccine but only following "consultation with the doctor carrying out the vaccination ... and with an individual risk analysis," said ministers of Germany's 16 states as well as the federal health minister in a policy statement.
Reuters | , Seoul/ Manila
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 12:47 PM IST
South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines are among countries to be hit by shipment delays to vaccines they have been promised under the COVAX programme
AP | , Toronto
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 12:46 AM IST
Health Canada, the country’s regulator that approved AstraZeneca, is expected to hold a news conference later Monday.
Reuters | , Jakarta
PUBLISHED ON MAR 27, 2021 08:16 PM IST
- India has put a temporary hold on all major exports of the AstraZeneca coronavirus shot made by Serum Institute of India, prioritising domestic demand as infections rise
UPDATED ON MAR 23, 2021 12:41 PM IST
- “We urge the company to work with the DSMB to review the efficacy data and ensure the most accurate, up-to-date efficacy data be made public as quickly as possible,” said the statement from the group headed by Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease official.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAR 22, 2021 03:58 PM IST
- The Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) identified no safety concerns with regards to events of blood clotting/ thrombosis in the trial among 21,583 participants who received at least one dose of vaccine.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 01:32 PM IST
Indonesia’s highest Muslim clerical council, the Indonesia Ulema Council, said on its website Friday that the vaccine is "haram" because the manufacturing process uses "trypsin from the pork pancreas."
AP | , Berlin
PUBLISHED ON MAR 20, 2021 05:24 PM IST
- The European Commission said Saturday that AstraZeneca in particular could face export bans to countries outside the EU if it didn’t quickly deliver the promised amount of vaccines to the 27-nation bloc.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 18, 2021 02:51 PM IST
Any time vaccines are rolled out widely, scientists expect some serious health issues and deaths to be reported, simply because tens of millions of people are receiving the shots.
AFP | | Posted by Prashasti Singh
PUBLISHED ON MAR 18, 2021 06:15 AM IST
The WHO, Europe's medicines regulator and AstraZeneca itself have repeatedly said the vaccine was safe after several countries reported feared links with blood clots or brain haemorrhages.