UPDATED ON AUG 01, 2021 12:57 PM IST
- Former India opener Aakash Chopra explained how Ben Stokes' absence could benefit India in the upcoming five-match Test series against England.
By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
UPDATED ON AUG 02, 2021 08:30 AM IST
- Ben Stokes taking an indefinite break points to the extra toll that the pandemic has taken on already overworked players. Is there a way to reduce the load?
UPDATED ON AUG 01, 2021 06:48 AM IST
- Stokes is the latest high-profile star to step away from a sport to prioritise mental health. Recently, Naomi Osaka and Simone Biles also withdrew from international competition to focus on their mental wellbeing.
UPDATED ON JUL 30, 2021 10:37 PM IST
Ben Stokes has withdrawn from the upcoming 5-match Test series against India which begins from August 4 in Nottingham as he has decided to 'prioritise his mental wellbeing'.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 17, 2021 04:20 PM IST
Ben Stokes was named as the captain of the England ODI team that had to face Pakistan after several members of the England contingent tested positive for Covid-19.
UPDATED ON JUL 11, 2021 05:36 PM IST
England defeated Pakistan by 52 runs in the rain-curtailed 2nd ODI to lead the series 2-0.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 07, 2021 03:21 PM IST
- To explain the unexpectedness of being named England captain for Pakistan ODIs, Ben Stokes, who had been on a break since the India tour, said he had only packed clothes for three days away from home.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 06, 2021 03:51 PM IST
- England's revised, hastily assembled ODI squad will be coached by Chris Silverwood, who had earlier decided to take some time off during the white-ball series but has been pressed back into action.
UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2021 09:32 PM IST
All-rounder Ben Stokes is progressing well from his fractured left index finger and is set to return to action next month for Durham in the Blast competition.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2021 12:12 PM IST
- Ben Stokes said that even though he may be fit by the time IPL resumes, the all-rounder still may not be able to participate in the T20 tournament.
PUBLISHED ON APR 17, 2021 03:47 PM IST
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has left the Rajasthan Royals bubble to head back home to undergo surgery on his injured finger and the franchise has wished him a speedy recovery.
UPDATED ON APR 15, 2021 07:35 PM IST
- IPL 2021: After Jofra Archer, who is currently recuperating from a hand injury, Stokes is the second Englishman from the Rajasthan outfit who is forced to sit out. Who will be brought in for Stokes? Let's have a look through their predicted XI against DC.
UPDATED ON APR 13, 2021 11:00 PM IST
- Stokes had a disastrous outing in the first match, dropping a catch of Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul, who went on to score 91 runs and was dismissed for a duck.
ANI | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 04:16 PM IST
Ben Stokes is most likely to retain his place at the top after a stellar last edition while opening for the side. Jos Buttler and Yashasvi Jaiswal are also in the squad to pair up with Stokes for the opening.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 01:53 PM IST
England women's skipper Heather Knight has said it was amazing to see Ben Stokes speaking about having a full-fledged Women's Indian Premier League (WIPL) to further enhance the women's game.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 12:52 PM IST
- Aakash Chopra said he won't be suprised if Rajasthan Royals fail to make the playoffs.
UPDATED ON APR 04, 2021 12:44 PM IST
This year, RR will be led by Sanju Samson who will be keen to lead the team from the front. They would also hope for consistent performances from their big overseas recruits Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler. The addition of Chris Morris is sure to give them the much-needed boost.
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 03:10 PM IST
IPL 2021: Last year, Rajasthan Royals had defeated Mumbai Indians in style at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi as Stokes played an unbeaten knock of 107 runs off just 60 balls to help Rajasthan chase down the total of 196 with eight wickets in hand
UPDATED ON MAR 31, 2021 07:33 AM IST
- With bat or ball, the all-rounder continues to set the standard in terms of impact and consistency for the rest of the cricketing world to catch up.
UPDATED ON MAR 30, 2021 02:33 PM IST
- Rajasthan Royals captain Sanju Samson revealed what he talks about with Ben Stokes when the two are batting together in the IPL.
ANI | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON MAR 29, 2021 10:51 PM IST
Every individual will be tested multiple times during this period, and upon returning the negative results, they will be allowed to come out of their rooms and commence outdoor training and practice sessions.
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON MAR 28, 2021 07:33 AM IST
- India vs England: Consolidating in the middle overs in ODI decider may not work for India as England hitters push limits.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 27, 2021 11:58 AM IST
- India pacer Prasidh Krishna said the players are not the ones making umpiring decisions when he was asked about the third umpire's decision to give Ben Stokes not out in a close run out appeal during India-England 2nd ODI in Pune.
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 12:00 PM IST
- India vs England: England won the match by six wickets, gunning down a target of 337 runs with 39 balls to spare as they capped off their fifth-highest successful run-chase in ODIs.
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 12:00 PM IST
- Former India and England cricketers Yuvraj Singh, Sanjay Manjrekar, Ian bell and Michael Vaughan expressed their surprise after third umpire ruled Ben Stokes not out despite his bat being on the line during India-England 2nd ODI.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 26, 2021 02:03 PM IST
- On-field umpire Virender Sharma was quick to spot the error and decided to warn Ben Stokes for mistakenly applying saliva on the ball during the India vs England 2nd ODI in Pune on Friday.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 26, 2021 10:43 AM IST
Ben Stokes was cleverly asked which version of Virat Kohli he preferred facing – the quiet guy or the mercurial captain – to which the 29-year-old had a rather quirky answer. "Personally, I prefer Virat doesn’t get runs, because that’s not good for us," the all-rounder said.
Reuters | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON MAR 25, 2021 09:48 PM IST
Archer missed the final test against India with a right elbow injury but returned for the five-match Twenty20 series, claiming a career-best 4-33 in the fourth match in Ahmedabad.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 08:47 PM IST
Former England captain Nasser Hussain has said that even though Stokes is a proven match-winner, he is yet to showcase his talent in T20Is.
UPDATED ON MAR 19, 2021 05:07 PM IST
Ben Stokes, who scored a quickfire 46 off just 23 balls and almost took the game away from India said England can ‘benefit’ from the 8-wicket loss in the 4th T20I in Ahmedabad on Thursday.