european super league]
PUBLISHED ON JUN 09, 2021 08:31 PM IST
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur will also each be fined 25 million pounds if they attempt another breakaway, the league added.
By Bhargab Sarmah, Guwahati
UPDATED ON MAY 27, 2021 10:16 PM IST
- Javier Tebas, the president of Spain’s La Liga, slammed world football governing body FIFA and its chief Gianni Infantino for allegedly going against the interests of European football in events leading to the creation of the European Super League (ESL) last month.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 27, 2021 06:15 PM IST
- The Spanish official targeted presidents of the three Super League founders who refuse to renounce it — Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus — and FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who acknowledged last week he had talked to clubs about new ideas.
UPDATED ON MAY 27, 2021 12:04 AM IST
Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus on Wednesday issued a fresh statement over their involvement in the breakaway European Super League (ESL) and these three clubs also hit out at UEFA for continuously criticising their plans.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 26, 2021 10:18 AM IST
- The three clubs - Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus - now being prosecuted by UEFA are the remaining holdouts among 12 founders of the failed Super League project who refused to renounce it.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 05:30 PM IST
UEFA has appointed disciplinary inspectors to conduct an investigation into Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus over their attempts to launch a breakaway Super League.
PTI | , London
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 10:46 PM IST
The chair of an advisory panel comprising elected representatives from the fanbase will be appointed annually on the club's board, Tottenham said Tuesday.
Reuters | , Milan
PUBLISHED ON MAY 10, 2021 10:21 PM IST
The Super League argued it would increase revenue for the top clubs in Europe and allow them to distribute more money to the rest of the game.
UPDATED ON APR 24, 2021 08:18 AM IST
- Amid the uproar caused by the derailed Super League, Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane is trying to keep his team on track for two major titles.
PUBLISHED ON APR 23, 2021 06:30 PM IST
The American investment bank said on Monday it had committed 3.25 billion euros (just over 2.8bn pound) as start-up capital for the league, which posed a direct challenge to UEFA's Champions League and also threatened to devalue Europe's top domestic leagues.
PUBLISHED ON APR 22, 2021 03:38 PM IST
- The protesters carried banners with messages including “Glazers out,” in reference to the Glazer family that owns United, and “We decide when you play.”
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 12:16 PM IST
"There is a blood pact among our clubs, we will press ahead," Agnelli told newspaper la Repubblica when asked whether the Super League was sinking after some clubs had decided to leave only 48 hours after the breakaway plan was launched.
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 09:50 AM IST
- Judge Manuel Ruiz de Lara ordered FIFA and UEFA to “refrain from taking any measure or action, or from issuing any statement, which prevents or hinders, directly or indirectly, the preparation of the European Super League.”
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 09:00 AM IST
"It is not a sport where the relation between effort and success does not exist. It is not a sport where success is already guaranteed or it doesn't matter where you lose. It's not fair when one team fight, fight, fight at the top and cannot be qualified because it is just for a few teams," said Pep Guardiola.
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 07:27 AM IST
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham throughout Tuesday evening deserted the proposal to launch a largely-closed midweek competition amid an escalating backlash from their supporters and warnings from the British government that legislation could be introduced to thwart it.
PUBLISHED ON APR 19, 2021 04:31 PM IST
- The new Super League soccer competition in Europe is, surprisingly, missing the names of Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By Bhargab Sarmah
UPDATED ON NOV 21, 2018 11:44 PM IST
Reacting to leaked documents revealing secret talks among Europe’s richest clubs for the creation of a Super League, Atletico Madrid CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin said domestic leagues cannot be sacrificed
London | By Agence France-Presse
UPDATED ON NOV 20, 2018 04:38 PM IST
UEFA plans for the future of European football from 2024 onwards will see a revised football schedule which will possibly involve less domestic football and more European competition.
London | By Omnisport
UPDATED ON NOV 17, 2018 06:26 PM IST
Arsenal’s director of football Raul Sanllehi believes any breakaway competition for Europe’s elite is not imminent.
Nyon | By Omnisport
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2018 03:29 PM IST
Chairman of the European Club Association Andrea Agnelli has revealed proposals for a third continental competition could be approved.