AP | , Munich
PUBLISHED ON JUN 18, 2021 04:51 PM IST
With no goals scored and no points in the standings, the pressure is on Germany to do much better before the team’s final Group F match against Hungary, also in Munich.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 18, 2021 02:08 PM IST
As of Friday, 50.1% of German residents have had at least one dose and 29.6% are fully immunized against Covid-19, Health Minister Jens Spahn said at a press briefing in Berlin.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 16, 2021 07:50 PM IST
- Greenpeace has apologized and Munich police are investigating after a protester parachuted into the stadium and injured two people before Germany’s game against France at the Euro 2020.
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 03:06 AM IST
- An own goal by Mats Hummels was enough to give France a 1-0 victory over Germany in their opening Euro 2020 Group F match on Tuesday as the sluggish-looking hosts lost their opening fixture at the European Championship for the first time.
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 02:40 AM IST
- UEFA Euro 2020, France vs Germany Highlights: After 97 entertaining minutes, two disallowed goals, France beat Germany 1-0, courtesy of an own goal from Mats Hummels. Both Karim Benzema and Kylian Mbappe found the back of the net, but the latter was off-side during the build-up on both occasions.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 11:00 PM IST
- Former Grand Slam champions Garbine Muguruza, Victoria Azarenka and Angelique Kerber were among the winners in the first round of the German Open on Tuesday.
UPDATED ON JUN 13, 2021 05:42 PM IST
From England delaying reopening to Chicago fully reopening, California remaining under a state of emergency, Paris lifting the curfew for the French Open fans and Switzerland planning to reopen its borders for overseas visitors who have received a Covid-19 vaccine, catch all the travel updates here
UPDATED ON JUN 09, 2021 09:47 AM IST
The US State Department changed its travel warnings Tuesday for nearly 60 nations including Japan, France, Canada, Germany and other territories from level 4, or “do not travel,” to level 3, “reconsider travel” ahead of President Joe Biden's plan to visit the UK for a Group of 7 meeting
UPDATED ON JUN 05, 2021 08:57 PM IST
Germany's disease control centre announces dropping of Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, some parts of Croatia and of Switzerland, including Zurich and Basel, from its travel list of 'risk areas' amid Covid-19
UPDATED ON JUN 05, 2021 08:22 PM IST
While Britain's latest twist in travel is sure to deter many Brits from planning holidays abroad, bookings from Germany, Italy, Spain and France for beach vacations have been steadily rising and are now up about 52% in the past month
PUBLISHED ON JUN 04, 2021 05:43 PM IST
“It is important to me to share the responsibility for the catastrophe of the sexual abuse by Church officials over the past decades," the 67-year-old Marx wrote in the letter.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 02, 2021 04:57 PM IST
- With Joachim Löw departing after the tournament and a replacement already set to take over, expectations are low for Germany at Euro 2020
PUBLISHED ON JUN 01, 2021 10:43 PM IST
The new certificate will be available to people who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, have a recent negative test result or have recovered from a coronavirus infection.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 31, 2021 07:08 PM IST
Consumer prices in Europe's top economy rose by 2.5 percent year-on-year, the Destatis statistics agency said, as Germany mounts a recovery from the coronavirus outbreak. The last time that rate was reached was September 2011.
AP | , Seefeld
PUBLISHED ON MAY 29, 2021 05:51 PM IST
Madrid said on May 17 that Kroos tested positive while already in isolation after contact with another person who recorded a positive test.
UPDATED ON MAY 25, 2021 03:23 PM IST
- Hansi Flick will succeed his former boss Joachim Loew in the Germany dugout after the Euro 2020 finals.
UPDATED ON MAY 23, 2021 02:51 PM IST
The EU has a plan for a unified reopening, but member states, especially from tourist-dependent countries, have moved ahead more quickly. And for each international trip, there are rules for entry into the destination country and separate rules for leaving and getting back home amid Covid-19
PUBLISHED ON MAY 22, 2021 09:19 PM IST
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that she is deeply concerned about the spread of the variant first detected in India.
AP | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal, Berlin
PUBLISHED ON MAY 21, 2021 11:29 PM IST
By Friday, most of Germany’s 400 cities and counties had a weekly case number below the threshold of 100 per 100,000 inhabitants that triggered strict lockdown measures.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 11:52 PM IST
- Former Germany midfielder Sami Khedira is retiring from football at the end of the season after another injury-hit year.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 05:50 PM IST
World Cup winners Thomas Muller and Mats Hummels on Wednesday secured a return to the German national team for the first time in more than two years.
UPDATED ON MAY 14, 2021 12:40 PM IST
Infections per 100,000 people over the past seven days dropped to 96.5 on Friday, the first time the figure was below 100 since March 20, according to the RKI public-health institute.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2021 09:57 PM IST
- The latest opinion polls indicate that no two parties will command a comfortable majority after September's national election, offering the liberal Free Democrats (FDP) the chance to make up the numbers and wield outsized influence in the era following Merkel's exit after four terms as chancellor.
AP | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal, Berlin
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 03:13 PM IST
Svenja Schulze told public broadcaster ARD that officials agree a program of urgent measures is needed to complement the new goal of cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 65% from 1990 levels by 2030, and of going ‘net zero’ by 2045.
UPDATED ON MAY 12, 2021 03:07 PM IST
Germany to ease Covid-19 quarantine for travellers who have had a coronavirus vaccine approved in the European Union, namely BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Bloomberg | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 04:32 PM IST
Germany, the region’s largest economy, has significantly boosted its pace of inoculations to fight off the coronavirus pandemic in recent weeks, with almost a third of the population now having received a shot.
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 01:06 PM IST
While Taiwan, Malaysia and India tighten travel curbs amid Covid-19, Germany and Bali are hopeful of a 'good summer' as they plan to reopen to foreign travellers after the ongoing coronavirus vaccination drives
AFP | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON MAY 10, 2021 02:15 PM IST
With the majority of people over 60 expected to be already vaccinated by June, health minister Jens Spahn said authorities decided not to restrict the jabs to older people over the very rare thrombosis risks.
By Shishir Gupta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 09, 2021 03:02 PM IST
The suspension of CAI comes at a time when the EU has decided to reopen trade and investment negotiations with India after a long hiatus of eight years, primarily because a high ambition bar was maintained for New Delhi.