By Fareeha Iftikhar, karn pratap singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:50 AM IST
- The scenes of farmers charging at police with their tractors were caught on camera.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:41 AM IST
- Baldev Singh, a member of Bharatiya Kisan Union (Dakaunda), said they marched on the agreed upon route because they wanted the protests to remain peaceful.
By Fareeha Iftikhar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:32 AM IST
- At many places, local residents showered flower petals on the rally.
By karn pratap singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:21 AM IST
- By 9.30am, a group of farmers started the march; they also used trolleys attached to the tractors, despite agreeing not to use them in their previous discussions with the police.
Reuters, Washington, Dc
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:12 AM IST
The phone call topics included Biden's proposal to extend the New START nuclear arms treaty with Russia for five years and "strong (US) support for Ukraine sovereignty" in the face of ongoing Russian aggression.
By shiv sunny, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:44 AM IST
- Singhu Border has been the most prominent protest site for the farmers at Delhi’s border for the last two months.
By Mallika Bhagat
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 01:52 AM IST
The pandemic had hauled travel plans of many. But now, if you too are itching to restart, get some recommendations from popular personalities, based in Delhi-NCR, to chalk down your to-do travel list for this year!
By Rajeev Jayaswal, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 01:21 AM IST
- The government on February 1, 2020 used the trigger mechanism of the FRBM Act to deviate from the fiscal deficit road map by 0.5% for 2019-20 and 2020-21 (3.8% and 3.5% respectively) in order to boost the economy.
By Aneesha Sareen, Hindustan Times, Ludhiana
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 01:14 AM IST
- In pre-Covid times, I worked with 240 workers. 140 of these left and didn't return. I am managing with only 100 workers, says Kular
By HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 01:05 AM IST
- India put on display its war machines at a time when the country is locked in a tense border stand-off with China.