UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2021 11:57 PM IST
- As far as the top individual bowling performance from the India-England Test series go, three names made most noise – James Anderson, Jasprit Bumrah and Ollie Robinson.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 13, 2021 09:46 AM IST
- James Anderson said he is “gutted” about the cancellation of the fifth Test at Old Trafford and also wondered whether he would get to play another Test match for England at his home ground.
UPDATED ON SEP 12, 2021 01:36 PM IST
Anderson was gearing up to play the 167th game of his Test career at his home ground. However, his chance was denied after the Manchester Test was called off.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2021 09:58 AM IST
Former India pacer Nehra commented that Bumrah "does not repeat his mistakes". He also brought in James Anderson into the discussion while comparing the two elite pacers.
UPDATED ON SEP 11, 2021 01:48 PM IST
- David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd drew the attention towards how Anderson, who might never play a Test at Old Trafford, a ground that has one end named after him as India ‘refused’ to play the fifth Test in Manchester.
UPDATED ON SEP 04, 2021 08:39 PM IST
- Bumrah revealed that Anderson had said something nasty to him during the Lord's Test, which got the fast bowler all charged up.
UPDATED ON SEP 03, 2021 07:13 AM IST
- Twitter was flooded with images of Kohli and Anderson having a candid chat as both India and England cricketers were walking back to the pavilion at the lunch break on Thursday.
UPDATED ON SEP 02, 2021 09:32 AM IST
- While Anderson has gotten the better of Kohli a couple of times, the latter has also fought back a few times. Going into the fourth Test at The Oval, this duel is bound to intensify.
UPDATED ON AUG 31, 2021 09:04 PM IST
- Former Australia cricketer Ian Chappell credited England's pace bowler James Anderson for engineering India's collapse in the third Test at Headingley.
By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
PUBLISHED ON AUG 29, 2021 08:45 PM IST
- The India skipper had tweaked his stance to successfully counter the swinging ball on the 2018 England tour but the chinks have resurfaced to cause Kohli problems in this series.
UPDATED ON AUG 28, 2021 08:25 PM IST
- 'Man of the Match' Ollie Robinson revealed how England's veteran pacer James Anderson helped him practice and execute the wobble seam grip at Headingley.
UPDATED ON AUG 28, 2021 06:47 PM IST
- India vs England, 3rd Test: Skipper Joe Root, who led from the front with a magnificent century, heaped rich praise on veteran bowler James Anderson (calling him the G.O.A.T.) and his team for making a strong comeback in the series.
UPDATED ON AUG 26, 2021 03:51 PM IST
- It was the 7th time in his career that Anderson had picked Kohli's wicket. After the end of the play on Day 1, the veteran pacer said that dismissing Kohli was a special moment for him as it is important to keep the India captain quiet.
UPDATED ON AUG 26, 2021 09:39 AM IST
With six single-digit scores, three ducks and just two batsmen reaching double figures, India conceded within 41 overs every scrap of advantage they had painstakingly garnered over the last two Tests.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 25, 2021 05:29 PM IST
- Anderson joined Australia spinner Nathan Lyon in dismissing India skipper Virat Kohli for the maximum number of times in Test cricket. Here’s how Twitter reacted after Anderson removed Rahul, Pujara and Kohli early at Headingley.
UPDATED ON AUG 24, 2021 09:40 PM IST
India captain Virat Kohli said that on-field provocation was good for the intensity of his side during the previous encounter.
UPDATED ON AUG 24, 2021 01:26 PM IST
- England pacer James Anderson said that he was caught off guard a little because of the pace and felt that India fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah wasn't trying to get him out.
UPDATED ON AUG 20, 2021 01:56 PM IST
- Details have emerged from the incident, with spinner R Ashwin explaining what had happened between Anderson and Bumrah on Day 3 of the Lord's Test match.
UPDATED ON AUG 19, 2021 05:23 PM IST
- Tempers flared between Virat Kohli and James Anderson on Day 4 of the second Test between India and England at Lord's on Sunday.
UPDATED ON AUG 17, 2021 07:12 PM IST
- India had just registered a famous win at Lord’s and Kohli, after his customary screams, several fist pumps and gestures towards the crowd, walked up to Anderson, against whom he had a verbal exchange on Day 4. Anderson, like a true sportsman, was quick to reciprocate it with a smile.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 16, 2021 04:24 PM IST
- India opener Rohit Sharma said that while he was disappointed to miss scoring a century at Lord's, there wasn’t much he could do to that brilliant delivery from James Anderson.
UPDATED ON AUG 15, 2021 04:00 PM IST
- Following the fiery showdown between Bumrah and Anderson, England pacer Broad, who has been ruled out of the series due to a calf injury, posted a tweet and took an indirect dig at the Indian team.
By Rasesh Mandani
UPDATED ON AUG 13, 2021 10:48 AM IST
- The 163 Test match-old James Anderson knows one simply has to keep pegging away at a line and length and has that ability to create doubt in the batsmen’s mind, against the run of play
By Sanjjeev K Samyal, Mumbai
UPDATED ON AUG 11, 2021 11:11 PM IST
England’s swing-and-seam pair is nursing injuries while India have to decide between Ishant Sharma and R Ashwin as seamer Shardul Thakur is also injured
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 06:36 PM IST
Bairstow said he doesn't have much knowledge about the extent of injuries suffered by Broad and Anderson, rendering one unavailable and the other doubtful for the second Test against India.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 05:32 PM IST
The report said that Stuart Broad had an issue in his calf muscles due to which he pulled out from Tuesday’s warm-up session. Anderson, on the other hand, has sustained a thigh injury.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 07, 2021 08:07 AM IST
- As several former cricketers congratulated Anderson on his impeccable feat, in the list was Kumble himself, whom the veteran England pacer surpassed.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 07, 2021 07:09 AM IST
- After completing the 84th over – his first with the second new ball – Anderson decided to mouth a few words at Siraj, who had swung and missed the last delivery.
UPDATED ON AUG 08, 2021 09:06 AM IST
James Anderson has taken 162 Test matches to get surpass Anil Kumble and only Shane Warner and Muttiah Muralitharan remain ahead of him.
UPDATED ON AUG 06, 2021 06:53 AM IST
- Anderson getting Kohli for a first-ball duck was a sigh of relief for England as the hosts were struggling to breach the solid opening stand put by Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul before lunch.