UPDATED ON MAY 27, 2021 12:48 PM IST
- The paceman had the operation on Friday and his recovery will be reviewed by his consultant in four weeks, at which point Archer will receive further guidance about when he can start bowling again, the England and Wales Cricket Board said.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 26, 2021 03:07 PM IST
Jofra Archer had already been ruled out of England's two-test series against New Zealand starting next month due to pain in his elbow.
UPDATED ON MAY 26, 2021 09:29 AM IST
Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav recalled the six he hit off England pacer Jofra Archer on the first ball during the the 4th T20I in Ahmedabad.
UPDATED ON MAY 20, 2021 08:14 PM IST
- Jofra Archer is set to undergo a surgery to his troubled elbow, which casts a serious doubt over his participation in England's five-Test series against India.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 02:20 PM IST
- Nasser Hussain has expressed concern over Jofra Archer's recurring elbow injury, saying it is important for the England fast bowler to stay fit ahead of an important cricketing calendar.
UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2021 09:32 PM IST
All-rounder Ben Stokes is progressing well from his fractured left index finger and is set to return to action next month for Durham in the Blast competition.
UPDATED ON MAY 16, 2021 11:17 PM IST
- England fast bowler Jofra Archer has been ruled out of the two-Test series against New Zealand starting June 2.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 16, 2021 12:47 PM IST
England's star pacer Jofra Archer's participation in the upcoming Test series against New Zealand was thrown into doubt after his longstanding elbow injury resurfaced during Sussex's county championship game against Kent.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 06:54 PM IST
Rajasthan Royals pacer Jofra Archer couldn’t play a single game in the IPL 2021 as he had suffered a hand injury
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 11:24 AM IST
"My fitness is fine. I thought I bowled okay. I played in the (Sussex) second team last week and it's good to get some confidence and I felt fine," a pleased Archer said.
UPDATED ON MAY 13, 2021 11:43 PM IST
While speaking in a podcast, on ‘Road To The Ashes’ podcast, the Waugh opined that Archer will be a ‘trump card’ for the English team.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2021 12:12 PM IST
- The County game against Jofra Archer is going to be a litmus test for Archer to prove his fitness for the home Test summer.
UPDATED ON APR 25, 2021 04:48 PM IST
- On the occasion of Sachin Tendulkar's 48th birthday, the International Cricket Council posted an amazing video of Tendulkar batting against the best fast bowlers the world of cricket has to offer today.
PUBLISHED ON APR 23, 2021 06:50 PM IST
- Jofra Archer, who had injured his elbow during the series against India, was expected to play a part in the latter half of IPL 2021 for Rajasthan Royals but ECB on Friday confirmed that the right-arm seamer will miss the entire duration of the tournament.
PUBLISHED ON APR 13, 2021 03:49 PM IST
Archer underwent surgery to remove a glass fragment from a tendon on his right hand after an attempt to clean his fish tank went wrong.
PTI | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 04:12 PM IST
Archer, who played with a hand injury during the India series, is currently recuperating from a surgery and the duration of his availability during the later part is still not clear.
ANI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 08:23 PM IST
Archer, who has 96 international wickets under his belt, did not take it lightly and wrote: "Are you okay ? I don't think you're okay."
UPDATED ON MAR 31, 2021 04:00 PM IST
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Wednesday said that pacer Jofra Archer has undergone successful surgery on his right hand, and the player will now begin two weeks of rehabilitation.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 04:48 PM IST
Chris Morris said that leading the team’s pace attack in Jofra Archer's absence will be an added responsibility but it doesn't change his role in the team.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 27, 2021 06:07 PM IST
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Saturday confirmed that fast bowler Jofra Archer will be undergoing a procedure to his right hand following a scan and subsequent consultant review since he returned to the UK on Tuesday.
Reuters | , Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON MAR 25, 2021 09:48 PM IST
Archer missed the final test against India with a right elbow injury but returned for the five-match Twenty20 series, claiming a career-best 4-33 in the fourth match in Ahmedabad.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 22, 2021 03:45 PM IST
The ECB issued a statement on Monday, confirming Archer’s unavailability in the ODIs and the initial phase of Indian Premier League 2021.
PTI | , Ahmedabad
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 05:42 PM IST
Archer, a Rajasthan Royals player, was on Sunday omitted from a 14-member England squad for the three-match ODI series against India starting in Pune on Tuesday due to a worsening elbow injury.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 05:03 PM IST
ECB confirmed that pacer Jofra Archer will return to the UK for further management and investigation of his right elbow injury.
Reuters | , Ahmedabad, India
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 12:06 PM IST
Archer missed the final test against India with an injury but returned for the Twenty20 series claiming a career-best 4-33 in the fourth match in Ahmedabad.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 17, 2021 03:46 PM IST
India vs England: While Buttler's knock was outstanding, the victory was made possible by the disciplined bowling of the England fast bowling duo of Jofra Archer and Mark Wood, who gave nothing to the Indian batsmen.
UPDATED ON MAR 14, 2021 11:17 AM IST
India vs England: Speaking on Star Sports, former India batsman and former batting coach Sanjay Bangar said that he was left astonished with the shot.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 13, 2021 08:18 PM IST
- India vs England: Iyer said the pitch offered variable bounce early on and made it difficult to play the shots.
UPDATED ON MAR 11, 2021 02:16 PM IST
- England also decided to rotate the squad in between the Test series and it proved detrimental as they lost the contest by a margin of 1-3.
UPDATED ON MAR 08, 2021 03:32 PM IST
- The extent of the damage is unknown at the moment but Chris Silverwood, the England head coach, has informed that Jofra Archer’s injury is being looked into.