- The BBMP also acknowledged some of the lapses in contact-tracing, data collection which it said it needed to fix to check the rise in Covid-19 cases.
- According to the Medium Term Fiscal Plan 2021-25 (MTFP) the effects of the negative revenue deficit will impact the state in the coming year as well.
- Sharath unsuccessfully contested the 2018 assembly elections on a BJP ticket in Hosakote against N Nagaraju (MTB) of the Congress.
- Villagers felt the vibrations from the explosion even a kilometre away
- Karnataka Congress president, D K Shivakumar said the party will make its stand on issues like reservation clear in the coming days and invited all disgruntled elements within the BJP to join the Congress.
- Yatnal, a staunch critic of Yediyurappa, said that he will raise the issue on March 4 at the beginning of the budget session of the state legislature.
- The minister said the government would conduct random testing of students and parents. However, those coming from Kerala would require mandatory Covid-19 negative certificates
- The internal tussle seen over youth Congress polls has brought the focus back on the power tussle within the state unit of Congress, says a political expert
- Candidates can check the KEA PGCET second round allotment result online at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday began hearing a petition by 15 rebel MLAs from Karnataka. The lawmakers had resigned last week but speaker KR Ramesh Kumar is yet to take a decision. Arguing for the MLAs, senior lawyer Mukul Rohatgi told the court that they can’t be forced to attend the Karnataka assembly session. He said that “resignation can’t be mixed with disqualification.”The HD Kumaraswamy government will face a trust vote in Karnataka seembly on Thursday. Senior Congress leader Siddaramaiah had said on Monday that the discussion on the vote of confidence will begin at 11 am on Thursday.Mukul Rohatgi told the Supreme Court that since the trust vote is on Thursday the “game is to issue a new whip and argue that the Supreme Court order was limited to the previous whip.” “This govt is in minority and that’s simple maths,” he said.Here are the highlights: