By Neeraj Santoshi | Edited by Abhinav Sahay, Dehradun
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 08:20 AM IST
- One million visitors are expected to attend the Mahakumbh on routine days while about five million are expected for Shahi Snaans (royal baths)
By HT Correspondent, Haridwar/dehradun
UPDATED ON JAN 24, 2021 11:14 PM IST
- The SOP was issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on January 22 but was made public on Sunday.
By HT Correspondent, Dehradun
UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 07:16 PM IST
- Uttarakhand government has requested the Centre for extra vaccines for Mahakumbh fair.
UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 06:46 PM IST
- Thermal screening has also been made compulsory for hotels, dharamshalas, ashrams, guest houses and lodges before they check in pilgrims and tourists.
By Neeraj Santoshi, Dehradun
UPDATED ON JAN 12, 2021 06:04 PM IST
- Before the epidemic, over 12 crore pilgrims were expected to participate in the four-month-long Mahakumbh.
UPDATED ON JAN 11, 2021 06:27 PM IST
- According to Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad general secretary Mahant Hari Giri Maharaj, the first bhoomi pujan will be performed at Juna Akhada on January 16.
UPDATED ON JAN 10, 2021 07:31 PM IST
- Kumbh Mela Force had sought elite National Security Guards for Kumbh fair keeping in mind the sensitivity of the mega fair and terror threat.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Haridwar
UPDATED ON DEC 14, 2020 07:53 AM IST
While there is no blanket ban on the arrival of pilgrims from other states for Somvati Amavasya, restrictions and preventive measures will continue to contain Covid-19 pandemic.
By Sandeep Rawat | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Dehradun
UPDATED ON DEC 04, 2020 08:01 AM IST
Uttarakhand CM Trivendra SIngh Rawat’s inspection comes in the backdrop of Akhada Parishad representatives and many prominent saints expressing concern recently over the slow pace of Mahakumbh infrastructure works.
By Neeraj Santoshi | Edited by Sparshita Saxena | Hindustan Times, Dehradun
UPDATED ON NOV 26, 2020 09:32 PM IST
Officially, Mahakumbh will begin from January 1, 2021 and conclude on April 28.
By Sandeep Rawat | Edited by Sparshita Saxena | Hindustan Times, Haridwar
UPDATED ON NOV 26, 2020 04:01 PM IST
Sadhvi Trikal Bhavanta of Akhada Pari has demanded from Kumbh mela administration facilities at par with those offered to all the thirteen major Akhadas.
By Sandeep Rawat | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Haridwar
UPDATED ON NOV 24, 2020 05:21 PM IST
Officially, Mahakumbh will begin from January 1, 2021, as has been the precedent, with the whole Haridwar district coming under Kumbhmela administration purview.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Dehradun
UPDATED ON NOV 24, 2020 04:55 PM IST
An expert questioned if the government’s plan to conduct rapid antigen tests at Kumbh mela entry points was either practical or possible.