Latest from mayank agarwal
- In his last 14 innings in away Tests, Mayank Agarwal has scored just one half-century – the 60 he made against South Africa in Centurion. Clearly, the India opener has struggled to crack the code batting overseas of late.
Updated on Jan 13, 2022 12:38 PM IST
- Gavaskar questioned Agarwal's shot selection, saying that although the batter looks like a million bucks while middling the ball, the India opener appears a tad vulnerable against the moving ball.
Published on Jan 11, 2022 03:39 PM IST
Besides Agarwal, New Zealand spinner Ajaz Patel and Australian pacer Mitchell Starc were also short-listed for the award.
Published on Jan 08, 2022 04:06 PM IST
PTI | , Dubai
- In Rohit's absence, Mayank scored a gritty 60 and stitch a record 117-run stand alongside KL Rahul to get India off to a brilliant start in Centurion in the opening Test against India on Sunday.
Updated on Dec 27, 2021 11:16 PM IST
Mayank Agarwal scored 60 in the first innings of the series opener between India and South Africa
Updated on Dec 27, 2021 08:53 AM IST
Virat Kohli's side dominated Day 1 of the ongoing first Test against the Proteas here at the SuperSport Park as the visitors' score read 272/3 at stumps.
Published on Dec 26, 2021 10:46 PM IST
ANI | , Centurion
- South Africa were able to break the 117-run opening stand and a visibly unhappy Mayank made his way back after the review.
Updated on Dec 26, 2021 09:13 PM IST
- The 30-year-old Mayank is geared up for the South African challenge and glad to be back in the scheme of things.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 04:59 PM IST
- The 29-year-old Rahul, who debuted in Test cricket in 2014, has played 40 matches so far and scored 2321 runs at an average of 35.16.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 11:10 AM IST
- In a ruthless game of elimination-by-form, Agarwal continues to graft away for his spot as India's Test opener as the team gets ready for their quest for a first series win in South Africa.
Published on Dec 10, 2021 07:05 PM IST
- The opener had been going through a rough patch in the Tests, having failed to put a 50+ score in 10 innings preceding the century in Mumbai.
Updated on Dec 10, 2021 11:23 PM IST
- Following the culmination of the India-New Zealand Test series, former wicketkeeper opined that star Indian opener is more than capable of replacing Cheteshwar Pujara at the no.3 spot.
Updated on Dec 07, 2021 11:00 PM IST
- The South Africa Test series will begin from December 26 onwards with India plying three Tests against Dean Elgar-led side
Published on Dec 07, 2021 08:04 AM IST
- Mayank looked well set to become the seventh Indian batter to have twin tons in a Test, lacing nine boundaries and a six to score 62 off 108, but was denied the feat by Ajaz Patel.
Published on Dec 05, 2021 11:41 AM IST
- Ind vs NZ 2nd Test: The legendary Sunil Gavaskar has revealed that he got into Mayank Agarwal’s ears during the first India vs New Zealand Test in Kanpur and offered him some advice.
Updated on Dec 03, 2021 08:30 PM IST
- On Day 1 of the second Test between India and New Zealand in Mumbai, Agarwal peeled off the fourth century of his Test and international career to lead India’s batting at the Wankhede Stadium.
Updated on Dec 03, 2021 06:20 PM IST
- One of India's best and sharpest slip fielders is not on board with Mayank Agarwal fielding on his knees against New Zealand.
Updated on Nov 27, 2021 02:44 PM IST
The opener had a spectacular start to his Test career two years ago, but his weaknesses were exposed in Australia this year. Using that as a learning experience, Agarwal is eager to get going for the New Zealand series.
Updated on Nov 16, 2021 10:40 PM IST
- Agarwal’s unavailability could mean Sharma and Rahul will be India’s 10th opening pair in England since 2011
Published on Aug 02, 2021 09:30 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9pm. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Aug 02, 2021 08:55 PM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
"Agarwal has shown signs of concussion and is ruled out of the opening Test against England. The 30-year-old is stable and will remain under close medical observation," the BCCI statement said.
Updated on Aug 02, 2021 06:58 PM IST
- India vs County XI: While Rohit departed for 9, his opening partner Mayank Agarwal was dismissed soon after as he was done in by some great movement in the air and off the pitch.
Updated on Jul 20, 2021 08:38 PM IST
- India opener Mayank Agarwal, while speaking in a video posted by BCCI on Twitter, revealed that the first training session was all about regrouping and easing into things.
Published on Jul 18, 2021 12:51 PM IST
- India are due to take on England in a five-match series and with Shubman Gill, who failed to make an impact in the summit clash, suffering an injury, Deep Dasgupta feels either Mayank Agarwal or KL Rahul should take the second opening spot.
Published on Jul 04, 2021 07:53 AM IST
- For things to change this time around, a constant effort needs to be made by India, and former India captain Sunil Gavaskar feels it can start by reshuffling India's opening combination.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 11:34 AM IST
- Former New Zealand coach Mike Hesson feels Mayank Agarwal would be a better fit to open the batting for India against NZ in the WTC final.
Updated on Jun 10, 2021 09:18 AM IST
- Team Indian opener Mayank Agarwal also shared an update on his Instagram account, stating that the preparations for the jumbo tour are on track.
Updated on May 27, 2021 06:26 PM IST
- After a poor Test series against Australia and warming the bench at home against England, Mayank Agarwal showed glimpses of his capability during IPL 2021.
Updated on May 26, 2021 08:00 PM IST
- Mayank Agarwal, who has scored just 88 runs in his last four Test matches, would be eager to comeback strong in England.
Updated on May 25, 2021 10:22 PM IST
- Team India members are currently in quarantine in Mumbai ahead of their departure to England and they are making the most of their time by keeping themselves fit through workouts.
Published on May 25, 2021 04:06 PM IST