nepotism in bollywood]
PUBLISHED ON AUG 13, 2021 05:20 PM IST
- Mohnish Bahl dismissed the nepotism debate as ‘superficial’ and said that if it was indeed as advantageous as thought to be, he would not have been doing only negative and parallel lead roles, given his family background.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 14, 2021 10:52 AM IST
- Tanishaa Mukerji has spoken about nepotism and called it 'a rubbish argument'. She also called herself the 'number one poster child of nepotism failing'.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 01:52 PM IST
Mira Rajput, while appearing on Koffee With Karan in 2017 with her husband Shahid Kapoor, had told Karan Johar that she does not understand nepotism in the film industry.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 17, 2021 02:42 PM IST
- Satish Shah’s character in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Indravadan Sarabhai, had made a comment on nepotism in Bollywood and the shaky credibility of awards shows. The episode originally aired in 2005.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 08:13 AM IST
- Amrish Puri’s grandson Vardhan Puri said that no one has called him a ‘nepo kid’. He said that he got his first break as an actor due to his own hard work.
PUBLISHED ON APR 22, 2021 01:01 PM IST
- Prachi Desai said that her career was affected by nepotism but added that she has accepted it as a reality. She also said that the audience has had a role to play in the kind of offers she has been receiving lately.
Piyush Mishra on nepotism in Bollywood: ‘No Kapoor or Khan family came in my way, but dadagiri does exist’
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By Sweta Kaushal
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2020 06:36 AM IST
JL50’s Professor Mitra aka Piyush Mishra says he has never been adversely affected due to nepotism but there is an element of ‘goondagiri’ in the industry.
Hindustan Times | By Monika Rawal Kukreja, New Delhi
UPDATED ON OCT 04, 2018 12:01 PM IST
Actor Anushka Sharma, who has worked with an industry kid, Varun Dhawan in her latest release, Sui Dhaaga, never feels that the other person works any less than her.
Hindustan Times | By HT Correspondent, New Delhi
UPDATED ON AUG 21, 2018 09:47 AM IST
Karan Johar was in no mood to entertain criticism against nepotism in his films. He took a Twitter user to task with an angry yet witty reply.