pfizer-biontech covid vaccine]
UPDATED ON APR 14, 2021 08:39 PM IST
- Johnson & Johnson said it would put off its European deliveries over reports of rare blood clots among people who had received the shot
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 09:21 AM IST
- After a glacial start, France's vaccine rollout is hitting its stride, reaching a target of 10 million first doses a week ahead of a mid-April target.
AP | | Posted by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON MAR 31, 2021 04:27 PM IST
- Most Covid-19 vaccines being rolled out worldwide are for adults, who are at higher risk from the coronavirus.
UPDATED ON MAR 30, 2021 05:47 PM IST
Pfizer and BioNTech had previously spoken of being able to make 2 billion doses in 2021.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 07:40 AM IST
- BioNTech founder Ugur Sahin said he was optimistic the problems would prove temporary, adding it was possible to ensure 70% of Germans were vaccinated by the end of September, at which point he said the virus would pose few problems.
UPDATED ON MAR 09, 2021 08:23 AM IST
Pfizer has said it believes its current Covid-19 vaccine is highly likely to still protect against the South African variant but is planning to test a third booster dose of it as well as a version retooled specifically to combat the variant in order to better understand the immune response
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 09:44 PM IST
According to CNN, researchers used PCR tests to screen for coronavirus in vaccinated and non-vaccinated Cambridge University Hospitals health care workers who reported to work feeling well.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 03:01 PM IST
Hospitals have seen a steady drop in critically ill cases over the past few weeks now that more than 90% of those in the highest risk groups have been vaccinated.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 07:50 PM IST
- Dr Anthony Fauci warns people not to hold off on getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine while waiting for the slightly more effective Pfizer or Moderna shots.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 06:22 PM IST
"The rate of mutations in the current virus is higher than expected," Pfizer Chief Scientific Officer Mikael Dolsten said in an interview.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:46 AM IST
The study of about 1.2 million people also showed a single shot was 57% effective in protecting against symptomatic infections after two weeks.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 19, 2021 11:48 PM IST
Under the existing guidelines, the BioNTech/Pfizer jab needs to be stored at a frigid minus 80 to minus 60 C until five days before use, a delicate process that requires special ultra-cold containers for shipping and dry ice for storage.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 19, 2021 06:41 PM IST
Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE have started an international study with 4,000 volunteers to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of their Covid-19 vaccine in healthy pregnant women, the companies said on Thursday.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 10:45 PM IST
The company is proposing to do a Phase I clinical trial of a booster shot of that prototype vaccine that it would test against a booster for the current vaccine.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 06:12 PM IST
Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE are starting trials for their vaccine in 4,000 women in the latter stages of pregnancy. They will run a mid-stage study for 350 volunteers between 27 and 34 weeks gestation to confirm safety before moving into advanced trials for women between 24 and 34 weeks pregnant.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 04:16 PM IST
- Two Canada-based researchers cautioned that there may be uncertainty about the duration of protection with a single dose, but said that the administration of the second dose a month after the first provided "little added benefit in the short term".
UPDATED ON FEB 18, 2021 12:23 PM IST
The study found the vaccine was still able to neutralize the virus and there is not yet evidence from trials in people that the variant reduces vaccine protection, the companies said.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 17, 2021 07:28 AM IST
The government gave its belated first approval for shots developed and supplied by the Pfizer shots, already been used in many other countries since December.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 15, 2021 08:14 PM IST
The Clalit Research Institute analysed data on 1.2 million people, about half of whom had received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Researchers compared patients who received the vaccine with similar individuals who hadn't.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 14, 2021 03:21 PM IST
Lebanon took delivery of 28,500 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on Saturday, the first batch of 2.1 million doses set to arrive in stages throughout the year.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 09, 2021 10:44 AM IST
The research, published in the journal Nature Medicine, noted that the vaccine is effective against coronavirus variants.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 29, 2021 06:11 PM IST
The bloc’s Covid-19 vaccine push started at the end of December, later than the US and Britain.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 01:49 PM IST
Australia named a squad on Wednesday for the three-test tour which is expected to kick off later next month, though dates and venues are yet to be confirmed.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 26, 2021 03:20 PM IST
- The UK leads Europe in coronavirus vaccinations, with 6.6 million people -- about 10% of Britain’s population -- receiving a first dose as of Monday. There is growing anger in the EU about delivery delays from AstraZeneca Plc, which is expected to deliver fewer jabs than previously expected.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 24, 2021 05:51 PM IST
The vaccines were initially limited to the elderly and other high-risk categories, but are now available to anyone over 40 or - with parental permission - those between 16 and 18. The inclusion of late-teens is meant "to enable their return (to school) and the orderly holding of exams,'.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 23, 2021 02:41 PM IST
The British Medical Association said it supports giving a second dose up to 42 days after the first dose, but that a longer gap is not in line with World Health Organization guidance. It therefore urged the CMO to "urgently review the UK's current position of second doses after 12 weeks".
PUBLISHED ON JAN 22, 2021 08:19 PM IST
- All of the people given doses from the faulty delivery are healthcare professionals. In total 2,100 vaccine doses - around 20% of what Sweden has so far received from Moderna - were kept at too low a temperature.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 22, 2021 02:44 PM IST
Poland received 176,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, a drop of around 50% from what was expected."I think that such a decision (on legal action) could be made next month if these supplies are not completed in accordance with the manufacturer's declaration," said a government spokesman.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 16, 2021 05:22 AM IST
Pfizer and its German partner are under growing pressure to make more shots as countries around the world rush to immunize vulnerable people. The companies recently increased their output target for this year by more than 50% to 2 billion doses.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 15, 2021 10:06 PM IST
- Ministers from Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden said in their letter that the situation was "unacceptable" and "decreases the credibility of the vaccination process".