PUBLISHED ON SEP 19, 2021 11:23 AM IST
Broad also added that England players are waiting for more details about the restrictions they will be under in Australia due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Reports suggest that some England players will withdraw from the trip regardless of the protocols that are put in place.
UPDATED ON AUG 15, 2021 04:00 PM IST
- Following the fiery showdown between Bumrah and Anderson, England pacer Broad, who has been ruled out of the series due to a calf injury, posted a tweet and took an indirect dig at the Indian team.
UPDATED ON AUG 12, 2021 02:33 PM IST
England are facing an injury crisis at the moment as star players like Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and Stuart Broad have been ruled out of the Test series.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 12, 2021 09:17 AM IST
England fast bowler Stuart Broad was ruled out of the remainder of the Tests against India after suffering a calf injury at the warm-up session before the 2nd Test at Lord's.
By Sanjjeev K Samyal, Mumbai
UPDATED ON AUG 11, 2021 11:11 PM IST
England’s swing-and-seam pair is nursing injuries while India have to decide between Ishant Sharma and R Ashwin as seamer Shardul Thakur is also injured
UPDATED ON AUG 11, 2021 08:53 PM IST
- Broad sustained a injury to his right calf, which resulted in a tear, eventually ruling him out of the five-match Test series against India.
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 06:36 PM IST
Bairstow said he doesn't have much knowledge about the extent of injuries suffered by Broad and Anderson, rendering one unavailable and the other doubtful for the second Test against India.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2021 05:32 PM IST
The report said that Stuart Broad had an issue in his calf muscles due to which he pulled out from Tuesday’s warm-up session. Anderson, on the other hand, has sustained a thigh injury.
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON AUG 10, 2021 11:10 PM IST
According to a report in 'The Guardian', Broad twisted his "right ankle" after he slipped "while undertaking a light warm-up jog."
UPDATED ON JUL 06, 2021 09:52 PM IST
- After discovering that seven members associated, with the England cricket team, tested Covid positive, pacer Stuart Broad shared a light moment on Twitter with his teammate James Anderson.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 06, 2021 10:47 AM IST
- The India-England five-match Test series which is set to begin from August 4, will be played in front of a full house after the British Government announced further relaxation of Covid-19 norms.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 12, 2021 06:36 PM IST
Broad aired his views following a controversial decision involving New Zealand batsman Devon Conway on the second day of the second Test here on Friday.
UPDATED ON JUN 11, 2021 08:36 PM IST
- Yuvraj Singh revealed the conversation with Stuart Broad's father Chris after he had hit him for six sixes in an over in T20 World Cup 2007.
UPDATED ON JUN 08, 2021 05:03 PM IST
Ahead of the high-voltage contest at the Ageas Bowl on June 18, let’s have a look at the top 5 wicket-takers in the World Test Championship.
UPDATED ON JUN 01, 2021 03:26 PM IST
- Former England captain Michael Vaughan has urged the team management to pick the best possible playing XI and increase the team's chances of getting back to winning ways.
UPDATED ON MAY 24, 2021 07:20 AM IST
England pacer Stuart Broad explained how James Anderson's long career made him believe he can also continue to play on for long.
UPDATED ON MAY 23, 2021 09:35 PM IST
- It was almost fitting that Broad when asked about his and Anderson's role for the England cricket team, drew parallels from Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 03:58 PM IST
Under the WTC points system, match results and not series results are taken into account. In a five-match rubber, 20 per cent of the points are available each match, while in a two-match series, 50 per cent of the points are available every game.
UPDATED ON MAR 27, 2021 12:00 PM IST
- India vs England: England won the match by six wickets, gunning down a target of 337 runs with 39 balls to spare as they capped off their fifth-highest successful run-chase in ODIs.
UPDATED ON MAR 20, 2021 07:37 AM IST
Suryakumar Yadav smashed 31-ball 57 to help India achieve a match-winning total of 185 runs. He was looking good for a big score but lost his wicket to a controversial decision.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 13, 2021 05:39 PM IST
Eoin Morgan's England had a perfect outing in the first T20I of the five-match series against India, but pacer Stuart Broad chose a completely different moment as the major highlight from the first T20I.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 21, 2021 05:43 PM IST
Stuart Broad and James Anderson have been rotating in the England side in the last couple of years or so. The experienced duo who share more than 1100 Test wickets between them have played only 9 Tests together in the last two years with the last one being the home Test against Pakistan.
UPDATED ON FEB 21, 2021 03:38 PM IST
England pacer Stuart Broad revealed he started to bowl like former India captain Anil Kumble in the second Test in India and only then he felt like he was in the game.
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 09:57 AM IST
India vs England: Speaking on his return, Broad said that he has been away from match practice for a month, but hopes he could put his best foot forward in the first Test.
UPDATED ON FEB 10, 2021 07:19 PM IST
Former England captain Michael Vaughan, legendary Australian cricketer Shane Warne and England fast bowler Stuart Broad had a debate on Twitter about England’s tactics against India in the first Test in Chennai.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 07:53 AM IST
Stuart Broad, who was not included in the England Playing XI for the first Test against India, took a dig at the ICC for their 'spirit of cricket' post on India captain Virat Kohli's gesture towards his England counterpart Joe Root.
UPDATED ON JAN 31, 2021 12:36 PM IST
Stuart Broad said that India have recently defeated Australia in their backyard and will be riding high on confidence when they take the field.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 14, 2021 09:25 PM IST
Michael Vaughan took to Twitter and called Sri Lanka’s first innings ‘the worst possible advertisement for Test cricket’. What happened in Sri Lanka’s first innings felt like ‘utter garbage’ to the former England batsman.
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By hindustantimes.com
UPDATED ON DEC 08, 2020 07:10 AM IST
“Remind you of anything?” Broad tweeted tagging teammate James Anderson while resharing Virat Kohli’s drop catch and run out video from the India-Australia 2nd T20I.
London | By Press Trust of India
UPDATED ON OCT 04, 2020 01:57 PM IST
With the England and Wales Cricket Board estimating initial losses of 100 million pounds (USD 127 million) because of the COVID-19 restrictions, the value of the contracts has been reduced.