By HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Kolkata
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 03:50 AM IST
- The legislator’s actions ahead of the crucial assembly elections immediately drew the ire of the ruling party which issued him a showcause notice.
By Deeksha Bhardwaj, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 03:30 AM IST
- Union minister for culture and tourism Prahlad Patel said government is addressing the lack of adventure sports equipment in Kargil.
By Tanmay Chatterjee, Hindustan Times, Kolkata
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 03:24 AM IST
- The RSS is of the view that the slogan hailing Lord Ram should not have been shouted at a government event organised to pay homage to Netaji.
By HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 03:10 AM IST
- In contrast to the violence seen in the Capital, farmers held peaceful rallies across the country to protest against the farm laws.
By Rhythma Kaul, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 03:00 AM IST
- Officials say tweaks being made to Co-WIN platform; govt to open options for sign-ups, will disclose comorbidity verification protocol.
By Fareeha Iftikhar, karn pratap singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:50 AM IST
- The scenes of farmers charging at police with their tractors were caught on camera.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:41 AM IST
- Baldev Singh, a member of Bharatiya Kisan Union (Dakaunda), said they marched on the agreed upon route because they wanted the protests to remain peaceful.
By Fareeha Iftikhar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:32 AM IST
- At many places, local residents showered flower petals on the rally.
By karn pratap singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:21 AM IST
- By 9.30am, a group of farmers started the march; they also used trolleys attached to the tractors, despite agreeing not to use them in their previous discussions with the police.
Reuters, Washington, Dc
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 02:12 AM IST
The phone call topics included Biden's proposal to extend the New START nuclear arms treaty with Russia for five years and "strong (US) support for Ukraine sovereignty" in the face of ongoing Russian aggression.