By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose
PUBLISHED ON JUN 10, 2021 07:59 AM IST
US-China relations have remained strained for years owing to hegemonic rivalry in the Pacific and mutual suspicion over each other's political intentions. The phone call today between the two commerce ministers is part of an attempt to bridge these fraught ties under the Biden administration.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 04, 2021 07:49 AM IST
- Former president Donald Trump in November issued a list of 31 Chinese companies that were deemed to be supplying or supporting China's military and security apparatus, later adding even more firms.
Bloomberg | , Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 17, 2021 11:13 AM IST
- The main part of the bill would authorize more than $100 billion over five years to boost research and development of innovative technology and manufacturing at colleges, universities and other institutions
ANI | , Manila
PUBLISHED ON APR 12, 2021 04:14 PM IST
- This year's resumption of the annual BK-21 event follows a phone call between the two countries' defence chiefs on Sunday to "reaffirm their shared commitment to the US-Philippines alliance".
ANI | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 08:06 AM IST
- South China Morning Post reported that the section on science and technology in the 283-page bill, which US lawmakers plan to introduce next week, includes efforts to provide help for American companies to diversify their global supply chain
AP | , Beijing
PUBLISHED ON MAR 24, 2021 03:55 PM IST
- China issues the report each year in response to US criticism of its record on issues such as abuses against minority groups in the western regions of Xinjiang and Tibet and a crackdown on opposition voices in Hong Kong.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 19, 2021 06:56 PM IST
Top diplomats from the world’s two largest economies criticized each other over everything from trade to human rights in a high-stakes first encounter Thursday in an Alaskan ballroom.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 17, 2021 08:26 PM IST
- The National Association of Manufacturers acknowledged that any new strategy must recognise that China is a “necessary partner” in the post-pandemic world even as it challenges American interests and fiercely competes with the US economically.
Tokyo | By Reuters | Posted by Kanishka Sarkar
UPDATED ON JUL 27, 2020 07:19 AM IST
Hopes of a quick US economic recovery are fading also as coronavirus infections showed few signs of slowing.
London | By Reuters | Posted by Kanishka Sarkar
UPDATED ON JUL 24, 2020 02:00 PM IST
A weaker dollar usually spurs buying of commodities priced in dollars such as oil because they become cheaper for holders of other currencies.
Beijing, China | By Agence France-Presse | Posted by Shivani Kumar
UPDATED ON JUL 24, 2020 10:10 AM IST
The tit-for-tat move is a “legitimate and necessary response to the unreasonable measures by the United States”, the foreign ministry said in a statement.
By Bloomberg | Posted by Shivani Kumar
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2020 10:26 AM IST
As if the Covid-19 pandemic wasn’t enough, traders and investors also had to grapple with the resurgence in US-China tensions and a collapse in oil prices, condemning developing-nation stocks, currencies and bonds to heavy losses over the period.
Press Trust of India | By Press Trust of India
UPDATED ON JUN 12, 2019 10:27 AM IST
According to experts, market mood turned negative tracking weak cues from other Asian markets amid escalation trade war tension between the US and China.
Paris | By Agence France-Presse
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2019 06:05 PM IST
Also speaking at the Paris Forum event, French Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire warned about the impact of a trade war between the world’s two biggest economies.