Latest from virat kohli
- Former India captain Virat Kohli achieved two milestones during the first ODI of the series against South Africa in Paarl.
Published on Jan 19, 2022 07:55 PM IST
The former India all-rounder expects Virat Kohli to pass inputs to stand-in captain KL Rahul, citing both the individuals share a great “rapport”.
Published on Jan 19, 2022 03:05 PM IST
Following the 2-1 Test series defeat against South Africa, Virat Kohli announced he'll be stepping down from the leadership role in the longer format.
Updated on Jan 19, 2022 01:22 PM IST
Virat Kohli announced his decision to step down as the Test captain a day after India tasted defeat in the third and final Test against South Africa and lost the series 2-1.
Published on Jan 19, 2022 07:59 AM IST
- Following India’s poor show at the T20 World Cup, it was only a matter of time before Kohli took the decision of stepping down as captains in all formats, says a former India pacer.
Published on Jan 19, 2022 07:17 AM IST
Virat Kohli has not reached the triple-digit-figure in over two years in any format and will look take up the opportunity to finally reach his 71st century.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 09:20 PM IST
- Sunil Gavaskar has reacted to Virat Kohli’s outburst on the stump mic during the Cape Town Test, saying it was an avoidable situation and something that the India captain could have prevented.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 07:14 PM IST
- Rahul also mentioned the key captaincy learnings he picked up from Kohli and said that he would want to continue on that that and built on it.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 05:04 PM IST
- Former Australia skipper Brad Hogg praised Virat Kohli's demeanor off the field and also praised India's former skipper's work at the leader on the field.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 04:42 PM IST
- Rizwan, who scored a match-winning 79 not out to help Pakistan defeat India by 10 wickets, recalled a funny interaction with former captain Virat Kohli when India were batting.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 04:26 PM IST
- Former India batsman and BCCI chairman of selectors, Dilip Vengsarkar has pointed the selection committee – former and current – for failing to shape a player who could take over as captain after Virat Kohli.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 03:12 PM IST
- Despite tributes pouring in from Indian players for Virat Kohli, a former Pakistan captain has taken exception to it and feels the motive behind their message seems otherwise.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 12:54 PM IST
- Mohammed Siraj, while taking to Instagram, posted a heartwarming message for former India skipper Virat Kohli.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 01:21 PM IST
- Former India wicketkeeper-batter believes a string of unfortunate events led to Virat Kohli stepping down as Test captain.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 10:17 AM IST
- When Team India takes the field in Paarl on Wednesday for the ODI series, it will be for the first time in seven years that Virat Kohli will be featuring in an Indian side only as a player and not as a captain
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 11:32 AM IST
- Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has reacted to the news of Virat Kohli stepping down as India's Test captain.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 09:07 AM IST
- Virat Kohli was a game-changer who was more boss, a powerful leader who imposed captain’s rule on cricket to single-handedly run the Indian team
Published on Jan 17, 2022 11:32 PM IST
- India’s bowling spearhead, vice-captain for the ODI series against South Africa starting in Paarl on Tuesday, says every player is adapting to the recent changes in the team set-up
Published on Jan 17, 2022 08:29 PM IST
- Despite being the vice-captain of the team, Rohit Sharma may not be the best candidate to replace Virat Kohli as its next leader in Tests, reckons the legendary Sunil Gavaskar.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 07:54 PM IST
- Kohli had stepped down from the Test captaincy role earlier last week a day after the Test series ended in Cape Town, marking an end of an era in Indian cricket.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 07:55 PM IST
- Former England skipper Alastair Cook has paid a brilliant tribute to Virat Kohli, who on Saturday informed about his decision to step down as India's Test captain.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 03:39 PM IST
- Former India opener Gautam Gambhir has, in stern words, talked about Virat Kohli's role in the upcoming ODI series against South Africa following his surprising decision to step down as Test captain.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 10:01 PM IST
- Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif reckons that irrespective of what Kohli said on what Ganguly has tweeted, the 'reason' behind Virat resigning as Test captain is due to the two being at loggerheads.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 05:00 PM IST
Waim Jaffer believes Rohit Sharma will be the obvious choice but also picked three youngsters, whom the selectors can look out for the role.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 11:48 AM IST
- Bowlers under Kohli's captaincy have averaged only 25.34. Among all 28 captains who have led their team in at least 40 Tests, Kohli's bowling attack stands second, only behind the English sides led by Peter May (21.94).
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 11:50 AM IST
- Following Virat Kohli's surprising decision to quit Test captaincy, former Pakistan captain explained why Team India will never the same again.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 10:23 AM IST
- The cricket fraternity including past and present players congratulated the mercurial cricketer on his successful stint as India's Test captain.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 07:11 AM IST
- His 100th Test in Bengaluru could have been his final game as skipper if he had agreed to the offer by a senior cricket board official.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 11:01 PM IST
Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
Published on Jan 16, 2022 10:51 PM IST
- Despite an impressive win-loss percentage and overseas success, Virat Kohli's captaincy sojourn saw a bittersweet end.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 09:21 PM IST