Latest from virender sehwag
- Former India opener Virender Sehwag has credited Anil Kumble for reviving his Test career. Sehwag, who was dropped from the India Test team in early 2007 went almost a year without playing another Test match, before finally earning a call back during Kumble's tenure as captain in late 2007.
- RCB finished fourth in the league stage with eight wins in 14 matches. RCB will next be up against Lucknow Super Giants in the Eliminator on Wednesday at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
- Virender Sehwag is India's fifth-highest run-scorer in Tests with 8503 runs but the former opener says that had he not gotten dropped from the team for 11 months, he could have ended his career with over 10,000 runs in the format.
ByHT Sports Desk, New Delhi
- Virender Sehwag hailed Umran Malik as “special talent” and admitted that the youngster can emerge to be an “asset” for the Indian team but he also suggested KL Rahul to use the bowler effectively during the series against South Africa.
- What made the youngster a standout during this IPL season was his bowling in the death overs where he conceded at just 7.91 runs an over, the second-best economy rate by a pacer after Bumrah.