Gujarat shocker: After dead frog in chips, dead rat found in sambar in Ahmedabad. Restaurant sealed | Trending - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Gujarat shocker: After dead frog in chips, dead rat found in sambar in Ahmedabad. Restaurant sealed

Jun 21, 2024 04:22 PM IST

The authorities have sealed the restaurant in Ahmedabad, Gujarat’s capital, following the “discovery” of a dead rat inside a sambar bowl.

A restaurant in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad was sealed after a diner found a dead rat inside the sambar bowl. According to reports, the incident happened at Devi Dosa restaurant in Nikol, Ahmedabad. This comes days after a decomposed frog was found in a packet of chips purchased from a shop in Jamnagar.

Gujarat: The image shows the dead mouse inside the sambar bowl at a restaurant in Ahmedabad. (Instagram/@ahmedabad.updates)
Gujarat: The image shows the dead mouse inside the sambar bowl at a restaurant in Ahmedabad. (Instagram/@ahmedabad.updates)

Read| Dead frog ‘found’ in chips packet in Gujarat’s Jamnagar, investigation underway

The video was shared on the Instagram page Ahmedabad Updates with a caption in Gujarati. When translated to English, it reads, “A dead baby rat was found in the sambar in Nikol area in the dosa restaurant.”

The video that is all over the internet shows the dead rat inside the sambar bowl at the restaurant. The video further shows the unhygienic kitchen space.

Watch the video below:

According to a report by Times Now, after the restaurant owner Alpesh Kevadiya took no immediate action on the incident, the matter was escalated to the health department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC).

The department reacted to the complaint and a team visited the restaurant’s kitchen. The authorities found the kitchen space open and deemed it unsafe. They further sealed the restaurant and issued a notice to Kevadiya.

Also Read| Mumbai doctor finds severed human finger in cone of ice cream ordered online: ‘I am traumatized’

The authorities have asked the owner of the restaurant to address the issues immediately to avoid any further repercussions.

Earlier, a social media user, Vidit Varshney, claimed that his uncle and aunt found a dead cockroach in the food served on Vande Bharat Express from Bhopal to Agra on June 18.

Also Read| Family claims to find dead mouse in Hershey’s chocolate syrup. ‘Not possible,’ says company

The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) promptly responded to the complaint raised on the microblogging platform X and imposed a “suitable” penalty on the service providers. They further stated that they have “intensified the production and logistics monitoring”.

Catch every big hit, every wicket with Crickit, a one stop destination for Live Scores, Match Stats, Infographics & much more. Explore now!

See more

Get Latest Updates on Trending News Viral News, Video, Photos and Weather Updates of India and around the world

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Monday, July 15, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On