Bigg Boss 11: A timeline of contestant Arshi Khan’s scandalous past
While Arshi Khan comes across as one of the most confident contestants on reality show Bigg Boss 11, little is known about her controversial past and the nude shoots she has done. Take a look.tv Updated: Oct 02, 2017 18:16 IST
Possibly one of the most controversial reality shows on Indian television, Bigg Boss, is back with Season 11 that went on air on October 1. Salman Khan, the show’s host revealed 18 contestants, and like every other year it is a heady mix of people from different walks of life - from actors to VJs to stage performers - there are a plethora of people with diverse professional and personal backgrounds. However, one of the most controversial contestants this year is perhaps, Arshi Khan, a model and an aspiring actor, who has been embroiled in several scandalous events, in the past.
Arshi, a Bhopal-born girl, has done several nude photoshoots, including one, where she pasted pictures of Pakistani cricketers on her breasts, and another shoot where she painted the Pakistani flag on her bust and lower body. While her Urdu dialect and obsession with Pakistani cricketers make many believe that she is a Pakistani citizen, but according to reports, she is of Indian origin.
In the last decade of being beamed on TV, Bigg Boss has definitely bought in contestants with a controversial past, but she may be the most controversial contestant that the show has seen so far. Arshi’s semi-nude photos, social media posts and scandalous interviews only makes one wonder what made the makers bring her on a show that is meant to be viewed by a family audience?
Here’s a timeline of the controversies that Arshi has been embroiled in:
- On September 8, 2015, Arshi grabbed headlines after tweeting about her physical relationship with Pak cricketer Shahid Afridi. “Yes, I had sex with Afridi! Do I need the Indian media’s permission to sleep with someone? It’s my personal life. For me it was love,” she wrote. A fatwa was issued against her by a mufti from a Madrassa in Pakistan.
- Next year, Arshi again tweeted and claimed that she was three months pregnant and that Afridi had accepted her and their relationship. Though she confirmed her pregnancy, she never clarified if it was Afridi’s baby. Soon after this, in another interview, she denied being pregnant and called it “false alarm”.
- In 2016, a fatwa was again issued against Arshi for posting Bikini-Burkha-Hijab pictures on her social media account, following which, her official Facebook page was blocked. In the said photos, Arshi was seen wearing a bikini beneath a Hijab and other image in a Burkha, but exposing her legs.
- In another controversy, Arshi alleged that self-proclaimed spiritual leader Radhe Maa ran a sex racket and that her business agent met Arshi and offered her to join the racket.
- In October 2016, according to a report in Pune Mirror, Pune city police alleged that Arshi was in town to be part of the flesh trade; she stayed at a hotel and asked for clients through her agent, Vipul Dahal, who was later arrested. According to cops, cops had audio clips of conversations between Dahal and the model proving that she was looking for clients. Cops also claimed that they recovered used and unused condoms from her room during the raid.
- Reportedly, Arshi Khan posed completely nude for Maneesh Singh’s film, Green Terror, where she plays a female terrorist, who is used by her handlers in Pak to seduce Indian military officials and leak out sensitive information about military assets in North India.
Follow @htshowbiz for more