Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives: Ekta Kapoor congratulates bestie Neelam Kothari for giving ‘biggest hit on Netflix’
Film and television producer Ekta Kapoor has congratulated her friend, former actor Neelam Kothari, for having appeared in the new Netflix reality show, Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives. Neelam, who contemplates making a return to acting during the course of the show, is featured alongside Maheep Kapoor, Seema Khan and Bhavana Pandey.
Ekta on Monday posted a new video on social media, in which she congratulated Neelam for the show’s success. “Congratulations, babe, for your re-entry back. We’re so proud,” she said, as Neelam blushed. “Let me introduce you to the OG teen icon, Neelam, who has given the biggest hit on Netflix.”
In the show, Neelam meets with Ekta to discuss her possible return to films, but expresses her hesitation about auditioning for roles. She says the same thing to Raveena Tandon. Both Ekta and Raveena advise her to consider the changes that the industry has gone through, and not look at auditions as demeaning. Raveena also narrates the story of how Amitabh Bachchan asked for work during a rough patch in his career.
“I love you so much @ektarkapoor @shabskofficial and @sippypooja and Shobha aunty for being there in my ups and downs,” Neelam responded to Ekta’s post in the comments section.
Produced by Karan Johar’s Dharmatic Productions, the show has been criticised online by viewers for its vapid content, but has been trending at the top of Netflix India’s top 10 list since its release. The Hindustan Times review noted, “The biggest problem is the self-serious tone the show has adopted. In the initial episodes, while introductions are made and the mood is set, Fabulous Lives is at its most entertaining.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.