If it isn’t a big bang entry into films then it isn’t worth it: TV actor Krystle
Krystle D’Souza had a superb 2016 with the hit supernatural show Brahmarakshas. The actor who boasts of a millions of followers online, has acted in TV soaps like Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai and Ek Nayi Pehchaan and sure come a long way since she started her career.
Talking about the eventful year, Krystle says, “Last year was a superb as Brahmarakshas was a super hit show. It worked out well and was something new for me as an actor too. Working with Ekta Kapoor (producer) who is like family, as I started my career with her, was comfortable. But as I hadn’t don’t a supernatural show before, and was returning to TV after a hiatus of over two years, I was bit anxious. It was scary but I had a lot fun doing it.”
Krystle admits that she had a blast learning many behind the scenes techniques as well. “In a regular soap, you do the routine stuff but in a supernatural show, there are so much more to do and learn. In fact, at the end of my shoot, my director said I was ready to direct as I had learnt a lot from him about direction. I am very interested in behind the scenes and I am very creative.” She admits, one should never say never and maybe in the future she might even turn director.
So are films on her mind now? She says, “I would be lying if I said no. Yes, I am looking at movies and looking to grow. I want to do good work and not take on any movie. I want to do a good movie where I have the most important or very good role. If you had asked me this, six years ago, I would have had a different answer but today the brand I have created for myself, people have an expectation from me and I have an expectation from myself. When I do a film, I want people to be spellbound by it. If it isn’t a big bang entry into films then it isn’t worth it. And TV is the best, at least I am the queen here.”
With web content gaining popularity every day, Krystle knows it is the way of the future. “Web series have a realistic approach than TV shows, so I would be open to do something on the web- perhaps a bit later in the year. Right now, I am only focusing on my break and will choose if I want to take up a web project or a TV show. Web shows cater to a variety of audiences from masses to classes, from foreign to Indian.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.