KBC 12: The Rs 7 crore question that made crorepati Neha Shah quit Amitabh Bachchan’s game show, can you answer it?
Amitabh Bachchan’s quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati 12 saw Dr Neha Shah of Mumbai become the fourth contestant to win Rs 1 crore. However, it is the Rs 7 crore question which stumped her on Thursday.
KBC 12, which was launched on September 28 last year, saw Delhi-based communications professional Nazia Nasim become its first crorepati.
On Thursday’s episode, Dr Shah chose to quit the show as she was asked the question for Rs 7 crore. The question was as follows: “The historic Indo-Pak talks of 1972 between Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto were held at which place in Shimla? The options were 1) Viceregal Lodge 2) Gorton Castle 3) Barnes Court and 4) Cecil Hotel. The correct answer was Barnes Court. Not knowing the correct answer, Dr Shah opted out. Post that, when Amitabh asked to pick an option, she went with Cecil House, which was incorrect.
The question that fetched her Rs 1 crore was: “Who was the first Chinese to go inside space, aboard a Shenzhou 5 spacecraft?” Dr Neha had answered it correctly when she picked “Yang Liwei”. The options were: Nai Haisheng, Yang Liwei, Fei Junglong and Jing Haipeng.
An interesting facet in Dr Neha’s life is that she is a practising doctor who was among the frontline warriors against Covid-19. She treated many people during the pandemic too.
Before Neha, Anupa Das, IPS officer Mohita Sharma and Nazia Nasim became crorepatis on the show.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rubina Dilaik cheered for Tony Kakkar and Aly Goni as the music video of Tera Suit released but did not tag Jasmin Bhasin. Rubina and Jasmin's relationship soured on Bigg Boss 14.
- Abhinav Shukla was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Monday. He was asked by photographers about his good looks for which he had a classy reply.
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.