Centre says Mumbai blackout a ‘human error’, no proof of Chinese role
Published on Mar 03, 2021 10:27 AM IST
Union Power Minister R K Singh said the Mumbai power outage of October 2020 was caused by ‘human error’ and there is no evidence to prove that it was triggered due to a cyber attack by China. Singh said, “Two teams investigated the power outage and reported that the outage was caused by human error and not due to cyber attack. One of the teams submitted that cyber attacks did happen but they were not linked to the Mumbai grid failure.” The Union Power Minister also added there is no evidence to say that the cyber attacks were carried out whether by China or Pakistan. On March 1, Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh had said that according to a preliminary report, the massive blackout on October 12 last year an attempt at ‘cyber-sabotage’. A report by US-based cybersecurity firm claimed that Chinese-state sponsored groups, had targeted power sector in India with malware. Watch the full video for more.