India to wear 1992 World Cup jersey in Australia ODIs, Shikhar Dhawan tweets photo in new kit
India opener Shikhar Dhawan on Tuesday confirmed that Team India will wear the retro kit of 1992 World Cup for their three-match ODI series against Australia starting from November 27.
Dhawan shared a glimpse of India’s new ODI jersey which resembles the kit India wore in the 1992 ODI World Cup played in Australia and New Zealand.
“New jersey, renewed motivation, ready to go,” tweeted Dhawan on Tuesday.
The kit is of navy blue colour and has coloured stripes on the shoulder and has the names of Team India’s new principle sponsors Byju’s and kit sponsors MPL.
Also Watch l Kapil Dev on India’s fast bowlers, upcoming Australia series & IPL l #HTLS2020
Notably, Cricket Australia started the trend of wearing retro jerseys during India’s last tour in 2018-19. At that time Australia sported their 1985 World Series kit.
Earlier this year, Australia and New Zealand both wore their 1999 World Cup uniforms.
India will take on Australia in three ODIs, three T20Is and four Tests.
The first two ODIs will be played in Adelaide while final fifty-overs fixture will be played in Canberra.
India had beaten Australia 2-1 in the ODI series, the last time. This ODI series will mark India’s first limited-overs fixture in close to 9 months. The last ODI played was against New Zealand in February this year. Their fixtures against South Africa, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe had to be cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India are already without two of their premier bowlers in Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah in the Gabba Test, who have missed it due to back spasm and abdominal strain respectively.
- India vs Australia, 4th Test: Sundar made his debut in Brisbane and made an instant impact. Sundar picked up three wickets in the first innings with Steve Smith being his first wicket.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him.
- Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari, KL Rahul, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar have all missed part of the Test series or the whole contest itself.
- The impact of Dravid as the head of NCA has been applauded as it has resulted in India having quality players on the bench.
- The dream continues for Natarajan, who became the first Indian cricketer to make debuts in all three formats for India on the same tour with Jadeja lauding the 29-year-old for keeping calm and hardly showing any nerves.
- Inzamam narrated how he wanted to see how Dravid bats in a five-match ODI series against Pakistan in Canada in 1996 as someone had sung his praises.