Irrfan Khan was supposed to play Ranbir Kapoor’s dad in Jagga Jasoos, says Anurag Basu
Filmmaker Anurag Basu has said that he was working on a sequel to his 2007 film, Life... In a Metro, with actor Irrfan Khan. Irrfan died last month after a two-year battle with a neuroendocrine tumour.
Anurag told Mumbai Mirror that Irrfan was miffed that despite their long association in TV, Anurag had not written a role for him in Gangster. He said, “I made up with a role in Metro which showcased his lighter side, which I was acquainted with from our TV shows. As Monty, lrrfan was a riot.”
Anurag said that the idea for a sequel to Life... In a Metro came from Irrfan. He continued, “I had approached him to play Ranbir’s (Kapoor) accident-prone, adoptive father in Jagga Jasoos. He was busy with other films then, and since Jagga Jasoos’s dates were all over the place, we couldn’t collaborate on that project. But he told me, `Chal, Metro sequel banate hain.”
Irrfan reminded him about it during the Qareeb Qareeb Singlle promotions. “Metro 2 mujhe Irrfan ke saath hi karni thi (I wanted to make Metro 2 only with Irrfan),” Anurag said, trailing off, “I don’t know... I really don’t know.”
Recently, director Anand Gandhi also said that he’d been working on a project with Irrfan, a film about a pandemic. Titled Emergence, the film would have featured Irrfan, the filmmaker told Mumbai Mirror. He said, “Irrfan and I drove to Pune once and became friends over the years... We explored the possibility of his presence in Tumbbad before the final script and schedule changed things. He’d have been in Emergence too. I wish I had created something with him.” Anurag’s upcoming film, Ludo, is modelled around a similar structure as that of Life...In a Metro.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.