‘Govt staffers accused of crimes against women to lose benefits’
The district administration has said that so far no case has come up in which the accused was enjoying any government benefit that could be cancelled.Updated: Aug 31, 2018 12:09 IST
A fortnight after the state government directed all deputy commissioners to make list of employees chargesheeted for crimes against women so government benefits are suspended, Gurugram DC Vinay Pratap Singh reiterated that the administration would take appropriate action in all such cases.
“An accused in a crime against women or children in the city, who has been named in an FIR, would lose all government facilities, except ration,” deputy commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh said at a press conference on Thursday.
A district administration spokesperson said that they have been monitoring such cases and so far, no case has come up in which the accused was enjoying any government benefit that could be cancelled.
Talking about assisting women victims of violence, Singh said the one-stop centre (OSC) will be shifted from the Civil Hospital to an office next to the police commissioner’s building. “Centre may be shifted by September 25,” OSC in-charge Rachna Rajpoot said.
The Central government had proposed the establishment of OSCs after the gang rape and murder of a 23-year-old woman in Delhi on December 16, 2012, for integrated support.
First Published: Aug 31, 2018 05:05 IST