Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor: Throwback to the best celebrity looks in red
Style icon Audrey Hepburn once said that there is a shade of red for every woman and it stands true in so many ways. Red is one go-to colour when it comes to experimenting with textures, patterns, silhouettes and cuts. The appeal is powerful and distinctive even though many hesitate to explore the colour palette, it stands as one of the fiercest and strong hues in the style domain be it on or off the runway. International designer labels like Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Giambattista Valli, Givenchy, Gucci, Max Mara, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Prada among others have created some of the most iconic looks in the colour palette. Indian designers like Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Gaurav Gupta, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, Gauri and Nainika, Masaba Gupta have also shown big love to this much-admired colour be it traditional wear or contemporary style.
Bollywood actors like Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Janhvi Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Shraddha Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Ananya Panday among other style symbols in the film industry have worn some of the most stunning looks in red be it at weddings, public functions, awards, film screenings and interviews and it remains to be one of the most powerful colours in fashion. From minimal dresses, to voluminous gowns, pantsuits to co-ords, separates to street style, red is one of the choicest colours even when it comes to the millennials. Even on the accessories and make-up front, the colour is quite experimented with in the past few years.
Red has mostly been considered one of the colours that work better when it comes to traditional silhouettes and ethnic wear but that is not the case. The bold tone left quite a mark in on modern wear as well. From magnificent couture to street style, ready-to-wear to day-to-night looks, workwear to customised fashion, the colour continues to rule the stylebook.
How to wear the colour?
If you haven’t yet explored red in terms of your wardrobe, go ahead and give it a shot as Bill Blass said, “When in doubt, wear red.” Begin with accessories and pair it up with soft tones as well as bold ones. You can pair it up with denim, cotton, linen, and any other texture that works for you.
Pick your favourite tones of red and see how would you like to incorporate it in your daily as well as party wear. There are many shaded to pick from be it cherry, rose, crimson, pale red, candy, berry, garnet, wine, scarlet and there are quite of bit tones worth looking at. Go ahead and give it try and stand out.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.
- Manish Malhotra encourages men to experiment with colours this wedding season, nails a dapper magnificent look in a purple textured sherwani with a bold animal emblem and a pair of white pants and we are in awe
- Gauahar Khan shared images of herself looking absolutely stunning in a sweater worth ₹2k and pyjamas along with husband Zaid Darbar. The fashionista can slay any outfit and these images are proof.
- Want to look your 'vinatge best' on a date night with bae this winter? Sonam Kapoor Ahuja sorts fashion woes on how to sizzle up some romance and make a steamy monochromatic statement like she does in a sultry black velvet dress from Anand Ahuja's Bhaane. Read on for styling cues
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy