Kylian Mbappe donates $34,000 to find missing Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala
French World Cup star Kylian Mbappe has donated an amount of $34,000 to a crowdfunding campaign aimed at funding a private search mission to find Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala who went missing after the plane he was travelling in dropped off the radar over the English Channel, last week.
The campaign was launched in response to authorities’ decision to call off the search operation. Many famous footballers like Adrien Rabiot of Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille’s Dmitri Payet have donated a sizeable amount to support the initiative, CNN reported.
There is no trace of the aircraft, the pilot or the passenger until now, ever since the plane disappeared.
Sala had just signed a record USD 19 million deal with Cardiff City and was supposed to join the training. He had gone to Nantes, to bid farewell to his former teammates, and was on his way to Cardiff when the incident occurred.
Devastated fans have been paying their tribute to the promising footballer, with many lining outside the Cardiff City stadium.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bayern Munich roared back from two goals down to beat Borussia Dortmund 4-2.
- Morata helped Juventus come from behind to beat Lazio 3-1 in Serie A.
- Messi helped Barca take the lead on the half-hour mark when he carved open Osasuna's defence with a superb cross-field ball to Alba, who controlled before blasting into the roof of the net.
- Daniel Amartey's 88th-minute header completed a comeback win for Leicester who stretched their unbeaten away run to 10 games.
- The draw also extended NorthEast unbeaten run this season to 11, with 10 of those coming under interim head coach Khalid Jamil. The 43-year-old Indian coach made three changes to the side that had won 2-0 against Kerala Blasters in their last league game of the campaign.
- Chelsea dominated Thursday’s game and could have had more goals to add to Mason Mount’s exquisite first-half strike that turned out to be the match-winner.
- FC Goa attacked Dessai through Saviour Gama before twinkle-toed Jorge Ortiz tested him. By the 17th minute, Dessai had been caught out thrice; the last time because of a poor pass which Alexander Jesuraj intercepted needing a tackle from Vignesh Dakshinamurthy that could have been a penalty.
- Muller wouldn’t feature regularly that season but he went on to score in the Champions League knockout stages coming on as a substitute against Sporting Lisbon.
- Musiala has been making steady progress since he joined Bayern’s under-17 team from Chelsea in 2019. He has made 27 appearances for the first team, scoring four goals.