10-year-old boy injured, hospitalised after minor girl ‘forces sex’ in Kanpur
A 10-year-old boy was hospitalised after a minor girl tried to force him into having sex with her, the police said.
The incident took place in Kulhauli village of Bidhnu area when the 16-year-old girl sweet-talked the boy from her neighbourhood into his house and tried to have sex with him.
In the attempt, the boy sustained serious injuries in his private parts and started to bleed.
While the boy is undergoing treatment at the Hallet hospital in Kanpur, police said they were at their wits end to come to terms with the incident and decide under which sections of the IPC lodge a case.
Both the victim and the aggressor are minors, in this case and as a result lodging complaint is becoming difficult, SSP Kanpur Shalabh Mathur confirmed.
Legal experts said a case can be lodged under the section 8 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team