George Clooney on friendship with Meghan Markle, Prince Harry: ‘We live not too far from one another and we have dinners’
George Clooney and his wife, Amal Clooney, share a good friendship with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan Markle and their bond has become even stronger with both the couples becoming parents.
In a recent interview with the Daily Mail, Clooney said he can’t recall how his friendship began with them but it has been years now, reported Fox News. The Catch-22 actor attended Duke and Duchess of Sussex royal wedding with Amal and also hosted the newlyweds at their Lake Como Villa.
Besides, the Clooneys have a home in Sonning, Berkshire, not far from Meghan and harry’s Winsdor cottage. “We live not too far from one another and we have dinners and stuff and we’re friends with them for all the reasons that you’re friends with anybody,” the Oscar winner said.
“They’re just really nice, fun, kind people, they’re a very loving couple, and they’re going to be great parents.”
Speaking about his twins, Clooney said, “They’re really funny and really smart. We’ve decided because we spend a lot of time in Italy and they’re going to spend a lot of time growing up there, that Italian is going to be one of the languages they learn,” he explained.
“Already they’re saying their ABCs in Italian and in English. And they can count from one to 20 in Italian too, which I can’t do! They’ve definitely got my wife’s genes in the brain department because she’s the smart one in the family.”
The actor admitted that his new family life has shifted both his and Amal’s priorities. “She’s as tough as nails and she’s going to keep doing what she believes is the right thing to do. We talk all the time about which clients she gets called about, whether she takes them on or what cases would be too dangerous. We’ve made certain pacts about how she’s going to stop going to certain places, and I said I’m going to stop going to war zones where it’s dangerous to be,” he added.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.