Jeremy Renner’s ex-wife seeks sole custody of their daughter, demands monitored visitation
Actor Jeremy Renner's ex-wife, Sonni Pacheco, is seeking the sole custody of their daughter, Ava Berlin Renner. According to Us Weekly Pacheco filed her plea in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, on Tuesday, September 10.
She is seeking the sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter. She has also demanded monitored visitation when the Avengers: Endgame actor is with their daughter, Ava.
She will soon be submitting her documents into the court for changing the custody arrangement. The court hearing is scheduled for November 7 this year. The duo tied the knot in September 2014. They got married after welcoming their daughter in 2013.
Renner in 2014 had expressed his happiness of becoming a dad and said, "It's the best thing I have ever done -- doing it later on in life. By then, I achieved a lot of things that I wanted to achieve. I'm so blessed for that," he said at the time. Now I can really spend time with family. The only thing I think about when I'm not with my baby is, 'How do I get to my baby?' I need to get to her, and I'm very miserable when I don't see her. I really love being a father," he continued.
Pacheco filed for the divorce after 10 months of marriage in January 2015, citing irreconcilable differences. Soon after the split, the couple faced another bump by finding themselves involved in a messy legal battle over the terms of their divorce, which included the custody of Ava. Also, one of Us Weekly's sources said that Renner was concerned about the possibility of Pacheco leaving the United States with their child.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Singer FKA Twigs has spoken about the 'hurtful' abuse she faced when she was dating Robert Pattinson.
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.