Netrikann teaser: Nayanthara’s birthday gift to fans is a thrilling video where hunted traps the hunter. Watch
On the occasion of the birthday of Tamil actor Nayanthara, the makers of her upcoming film Netrikann (Third Eye) unveiled a teaser of the film. The actor plays a visually-impaired person whose path crosses with that of a criminal.
As the teaser opens, we hear Nayanthara’s voice-over telling us about how innocent lambs (citizens) are being targetted and killed by a shrewd fox. This continues till a brave lamb (Nayanthara) comes along and sets up a trap for the fox. Montages show people getting killed till Nayanthara’s character confronts the murderer. We see how she uses her instinct as she takes him on, her lack of eyesight failing to impede her plan. Her proverbial ‘third eye’ guides her.
Watch Netrikann teaser
Her boyfriend, director Vignesh Shivan, wished her on birthday in advance, “May God always bless you with all the goodness in this world ! Stay the same dedicated , sincere, hardworking person that you are ! & keep flying high! Happy birthday to you Thangameyyy.”
Netrikann has been directed by Milind Rau and produced by Vignesh Shivan.
Days before her birthday, Nayanthara saw the release of another of her films, Mookuthi Amman. The Hindustan Times review said about the film: “One of the reasons why Mookuthi Amman works wholesomely is because it isn’t a devotional film. It’s an out-and-out entertainer that never gets preachy to make its point. It takes the less controversial route to make its point on religious politics and fake god men while keeping the narrative as funny as possible. Unlike OMG: Oh My God or PK, Mookuthi Amman never gets too serious about its commentary on our blind faith in god and god men. There’s a lovely scene about one of the characters who studies in a Christian school and is slowly turning into a Christian. The subsequent scene questions those who forcefully convert people but the tone is not offensive. This approach is what makes it less controversial and RJ Balaji and his team of writers deserve praise for this effort.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Eijaz Khan has said that going through financial difficulties wasn't the only reason that he did Bigg Boss 14; he also wanted to resurrect his career.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.