Aishwarya Rai looks timeless in pic from 1993, Wendell Rodricks says ‘most beautiful woman in the world indeed’
Photographer Farrokh Chothia treated his Instagram followers to a picture of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan from 26 years ago, and she does not seem to have aged at all. In the photo, she is seen wearing a black jumpsuit and a choker, and not looking at the camera. The caption read, “tb to 1993 @aishwaryaraibachchan_arb for @monishajaising @mickeycontractor #archives #tri-x.”
Several people complimented the gorgeous click. Designer Wendell Rodricks commented, “The most beautiful woman in the world indeed.” One Instagram user wrote, “OMG! Stunning work dear Farrokh, only you can have this kind of image with @aishwaryaraibachchan_arb she’s incredible as usual.” Another commented, “FC this is an amazing shot.. beautiful!”
Recently, Aishwarya shared a picture with daughter Aaradhya Bachchan from their Christmas celebration at home. The mother-daughter duo was seen twinning in red, as they posed in front of a framed photograph of the actor’s father, the late Krishnaraj Rai. “MERRY CHRISTMAS. LOVE ALWAYS,” she wrote.
Aishwarya was last seen on the big screen in Atul Manjrekar’s Fanney Khan, in which she played a singing sensation. The film also starred Rajkummar Rao, Anil Kapoor and Divya Dutta in key roles.
Aishwarya was set to reunite on screen with her husband Abhishek Bachchan after a decade in Sarvesh Mewara’s Gulab Jamun, which was to be produced by Anurag Kashyap. Though the couple confirmed that they had given the film their nod, there has been no update since then. Reports suggest that it has now been put on the backburner.
Meanwhile, Aishwarya has signed Mani Ratnam’s next Ponniyin Selvan, based on Kalki Krishnamoorthy’s epic Tamil novel on the same name. Produced by Lyca Productions and Madras Talkies, the film will also feature Vikram, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Aishwarya Lekshmi and Sarathkumar in pivotal roles.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.